General Questions about CSE Elegibility and Licensing

General Questions about CSE Elegibility and Licensing

Postby kcljr2008 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:52 am

Hi All,
I may have a potential commission coming my way in about a year. Long story short is I have a potential client who is planning to relocate from NY to Sacramento and is interested in either purchasing a house and remodeling or building a new house. All of my professional experience is in NY where I received my license a few months ago. After doing a little reading online it appears that I am eligible to sit for the CSE after I go through the application red tape. I should also mention that the firm I am at now has a satellite employee in LA and has mentioned interest in doing work in Cali. We do not have any California licensed principals/employees, so this could also benefit our office. If this commission looks like its going to be a sure thing, I would likely bring it to the partners to see if they have interest in doing it.
Since I just finished taking the AREs I thought it wouldn't be a bad idea to get through the CSE while I still have a bit of momentum. What are your thoughts on bi-coastal/multi state licensure, specifically in California and New York.
Thanks!
kcljr2008

Return to CALIFORNIA SUPPLEMENTAL EXAM