Passed in LA

Passed in LA

Postby nahsil » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:17 am

Passed in LA on my first try yesterday. There was a random person yelling outside the testing center for about 20-30 mins when I was testing..sigh...
I spent 3 months studying for the exam because I don't want to come back again. I was able to score in the high 80s on the 8th week on OMCES, so 10 weeks of study should be good too.
For the study material, I used the whole enchilada and Gang Chen's book. I also skipped through the reference materials David Doucette recommended.
Thanks everyone for sharing! I wouldn't be able to pass without the great support from you!
Best luck with your study!
nahsil

Re: Passed in LA

Postby PEARLDRUMS » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:03 pm

Congrat's on the pass. What did you think about Chen's material? I started to notice a lot of his questions for the ARE specifically BS, SS and BDCS were straight from the 3.1 material.
It kinda irritated me. I am just now in the process to purchasing material. I really do not want to purchases something that is just a repackage of older material.

Thanks for the help
PEARLDRUMS

Postby nahsil » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:32 pm

PEARLDRUMS wrote:Congrat's on the pass. What did you think about Chen's material? I started to notice a lot of his questions for the ARE specifically BS, SS and BDCS were straight from the 3.1 material.
It kinda irritated me. I am just now in the process to purchasing material. I really do not want to purchases something that is just a repackage of older material.

Thanks for the help

Thank you! The Gang Chen's book I bought was for the 2014 test plan. I don't think there is a newer one for the 2017 test plan yet. Some of the questions in the book were so off from what CAB said they would be testing. But I wouldn't say no to another set of practice exam.
nahsil

Postby PEARLDRUMS » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:15 pm

Thanks for the update... I think I am sticking to the following material.

1.) Exam Prep
2.) Woo study material
3.) Pass X Flash
PEARLDRUMS

Postby zohrehst » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:33 pm

what is Exam Pre??! can you send me a link?
zohrehst

Return to CALIFORNIA SUPPLEMENTAL EXAM