??? PROGRAM V.S. CAL GREEN O.P.R. & B.O.D ????

??? PROGRAM V.S. CAL GREEN O.P.R. & B.O.D ????

Postby ArchiShark » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:11 pm

Can Anyone please explain how it is possible to perform programming services and comply with Cal Green without providing duplicated services???? I'm not clear how to distinguish the differences in services/results between the Program and OPR & B.O.D. OPR functional requirements of project...expectations of the buildings use and operation...physical and functional building characteristics desired by the owner..most effective when developed during pre-design, and used in design process. How is this different from the results of a program? Program Architect shall recommend project standards or incorporate owner standards, for areas, travel distances, furniture and Equipment...architect to make preliminary determinations of..ambient enviorment...architect to establish lighting levels, equipment performance, etc...Final Program Doc...facts program based on...conclusions based on data..hvac needs. :?:
ArchiShark

Re: ??? PROGRAM V.S. CAL GREEN O.P.R. & B.O.D ????

Postby mrhavard » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:45 pm

When I think of OPR / BOD I think of mechanical and electrical efficiency & requirements throughout the building. I don't believe that would be a portion of the owner initial program.
mrhavard

Re: ??? PROGRAM V.S. CAL GREEN O.P.R. & B.O.D ????

Postby ArchiShark » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:18 pm

I'm still not clear...Owner may not know requirements or efficiencies his project may need so I'd expect OPR to be unclear. Therefore wouldnt architect clarify/explain best choice (professional opinion) while applying standard of care during either service, coming to same conclusion that a good BOD would come to satisfy anyway? Wouldn't I be providing my opinion through analysis of clients needs in both cases. In one case by executive summary statement the other by BOD solutions? Is one not as precise as the other? Or is it the choice of owner in program to follow suggestion and BOD is solution planned? Thanks for your response....could use more clarification if anyone can help :?:
ArchiShark

Return to CALIFORNIA SUPPLEMENTAL EXAM