CSE Waiting Period

CSE Waiting Period

Postby hc3500 » Tue May 30, 2017 12:23 pm

Does anybody know about how long it normally takes to hear from California regarding the CSE...? I received my passing notice for my last ARE exam on May 25th... Thank you guys for all your help
hc3500

Re: CSE Waiting Period

Postby gbalaka » Tue May 30, 2017 1:28 pm

I passed my last ARE on March 30, 2017 (exactly 2 months ago).......i just sent CAB my application for the CSE along with $100 last Tuesday morning.................if i'm lucky, i'll get a letter back from them in 2 weeks and i'll be able to schedule the exam.

Stop what you're doing and call NCARB.....like right now. Tell them to send CAB your AXP record and call them everyday (i'm assuming you've completed all your hours). CAB is very slow....NCARB is even slower. For some reason, NCARB only automatically sends CAB a notification that you passed your exams. Then you get a letter from CAB saying you're not eligible to take the CSE because you don't have enough hours. I basically have NCARB and CAB on speed dial and call them on a regular basis as i'm trying to take the exam as soon as possible.
gbalaka

Postby hc3500 » Tue May 30, 2017 3:24 pm

gbalaka wrote:I passed my last ARE on March 30, 2017 (exactly 2 months ago).......i just sent CAB my application for the CSE along with $100 last Tuesday morning.................if i'm lucky, i'll get a letter back from them in 2 weeks and i'll be able to schedule the exam.

Stop what you're doing and call NCARB.....like right now. Tell them to send CAB your AXP record and call them everyday (i'm assuming you've completed all your hours). CAB is very slow....NCARB is even slower. For some reason, NCARB only automatically sends CAB a notification that you passed your exams. Then you get a letter from CAB saying you're not eligible to take the CSE because you don't have enough hours. I basically have NCARB and CAB on speed dial and call them on a regular basis as i'm trying to take the exam as soon as possible.

THANKS FOR THE INFO! I do have all my hours complete. I completed them in IDP but it allows me to preview my hours in AXP which says I have everything completed. I WILL CALL RIGHT NOW!
hc3500

Postby aiwan » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:33 am

I just called yesterday and they told me the review period (for CAB) is about 30 days... thereafter, it's a matter of how quickly they get the paperwork done and mailed to you... I'm waiting as well...
aiwan

Postby gbalaka » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:55 am

I was finally granted access by CAB to the PSI website to register for the CSE.....as a matter of fact, I haven't' received the letter from CAB yet as they just mailed it, but they told me all the letter says is that I can now schedule the exam...which I just did. I'll probably receive the letter on Friday.

So all in all...it took 2.5 months from the date of my last ARE exam.
gbalaka

Postby tmskim » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:26 pm

Going through the same process now.

In the meantime, anybody have any good free study material?

Thanks,

Tim
tmskim

Postby gbalaka » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:19 am

Essentially, all the study material is an abbreviated version of all these references....

http://www.cab.ca.gov/candidates/cse/re ... rial.shtml

So if you want it for free, you can start looking through these. It's a lot of info.
gbalaka

Postby chrisschumm » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:02 pm

FYI because i didn't seem to find it anywhere - I took my test on the 6/27, and CAB/DCA said i'd have my number tomorrow 7/20... so the brutal waiting period may be skewed because of 4th of july... eek
chrisschumm

Return to CALIFORNIA SUPPLEMENTAL EXAM