study time

study time

Postby lukukachoo » Tue May 16, 2017 5:20 pm

hello! i just received my eligibility notification for the CSE and was wondering how much study time everyone is allotting for the exam?
lukukachoo

Re: study time

Postby elduderino1234 » Wed May 17, 2017 10:10 pm

elduderino1234

Postby lukukachoo » Thu May 18, 2017 9:22 am

thank you and congratulations!!

In your experience, do you think it would be possible to reduce the study time down to 8 weeks or does that seem crazy?
lukukachoo

Postby gbalaka » Thu May 18, 2017 9:31 am

lukukachoo wrote:thank you and congratulations!!

In your experience, do you think it would be possible to reduce the study time down to 8 weeks or does that seem crazy?

Lukikachoo,

Anything is possible. Of course you can do it in less than 8 weeks. It is a ton of information though. (I would recommend David Doucettes's study guide - The whole enhchilada)

This is not the type of exam you can simple cram in. It requires repetition and lots of it.

For me personally, i was able to go through all the material in 3-4 weeks and then started taking the practice exams and extra rounds of going over the material including diving a bit deeper into some unknown territories.

I'm virtually ready to take the exam...i'm simply waiting on CAB to send me the eligibility letter you just received, so I can send them a check and apply for the exam.

My mentality is to power through this exam and made it my priority since the beginning on April. And at that time, I had planned on taking the exam either on June 6 or June 13....depending on what's available.
gbalaka

Postby lukukachoo » Thu May 18, 2017 10:01 am

Thank you! I have the study guide (whole enchilada), but was holding off starting until I received the notice. It took about 3.5 months since my last exam to get the eligibility notice, so I feel your pain! Hopefully, yours will arrive soon. I was thinking about doing a really focused study schedule and taking it mid-July. Good luck to you!
lukukachoo

Postby markarch » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:57 am

As soon as you receive the eligibility notification, how soon can you book an exam?

I passed all the AREs and took a 5 month break (birth of a baby boy, so no real "break" there lol). I'm still logging AXP hours. I want to take the CSE in 4 months in early September, but I realized my NCARB AXP summary says i only have 1.5 years of experience. Does that mean that at this rate, I'll be eligible to take the exam in 6months? And how soon after that eligiblity notification can I book the exam? I'm bummed because I do not want to wait +6 months..
markarch

Postby gbalaka » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:43 am

markarch wrote:As soon as you receive the eligibility notification, how soon can you book an exam?

I passed all the AREs and took a 5 month break (birth of a baby boy, so no real "break" there lol). I'm still logging AXP hours. I want to take the CSE in 4 months in early September, but I realized my NCARB AXP summary says i only have 1.5 years of experience. Does that mean that at this rate, I'll be eligible to take the exam in 6months? And how soon after that eligiblity notification can I book the exam? I'm bummed because I do not want to wait +6 months..

It may take more than 6 months, especially if you have not completed AXP yet. Once you complete that, add another 2-3 months until you're able to take the CSE. NCARB and CAB are extremely slow at processing all of this.

I finished my last ARE on March 31 of this year and i had already completed IDP/AXP. I'm still not able to schedule an exam......first i waited for NCARB....now i'm waiting for CAB.....
gbalaka

Return to CALIFORNIA SUPPLEMENTAL EXAM