California Department of Water Resources

California Department of Water Resources

Postby rdl » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:22 pm

Hi everyone, just one question I'm hoping to get clarified. In Doucette's Study Guide, he mentions the California Department of Water Resources and the State Water Resources Control Board. What is really the difference between these? I know they're different, but don't understand why or how? I have my exam in a couple weeks and really trying to get everything sorted in my head.

Thanks!
rdl

Re: California Department of Water Resources

Postby adventurer4hire » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:04 am

rdl wrote:What is really the difference between these?

The State Water Resources Control Board delegates (or "Controls") who gets the State's water. The Department of Water Resources manages the state-owned infrastructure. I think of it like this to help me remember: SWRCB "Controls" the water , and DWR manages that "Resource".

Here is a quote from Wikipedia:
"The State Water Board oversees the allocation of the state’s water resources to various entities and for diverse uses, from agricultural irrigation to hydro electrical power generation to municipal water supplies, and for safeguarding the cleanliness and purity of Californians’ water for everything from bubble baths to trout streams to ocean beaches.
The State Water Board is separate from and has different responsibilities than the Department of Water Resources (DWR), which manages state-owned water infrastructure, such as dams, reservoirs and aqueduct. DWR, like any other water user, must apply for water rights permits from the State Water Board."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_State_Water_Resources_Control_Board
adventurer4hire

Postby rdl » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:52 pm

This is completely clear now. Thank you!
rdl

Postby hnQ_9999 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:55 am

Thank you, this answers to this post
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=47757

and for whom who wonders about MWELLO (part of CGC):
https://govt.westlaw.com/calregs/Browse ... Default%29
hnQ_9999

Return to CALIFORNIA SUPPLEMENTAL EXAM