Fail in San Diego

Fail in San Diego

Postby jorgeg528 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:43 pm

Took my test on Friday and failed. I walked out feeling pretty terrible about how I did and the results that were given to me bore that out. Failed by 5 points (assuming that 70 is a pass).

The test was pretty difficult. If you're using the Whole Enchilada I would recommend that you find a secondary study source because David's study exams are really easy compared to the actual exam. If you do stick to the UWE, I recommend that you completely understand the concepts that are taught because the test isn't a measure of how good you are at memorizing things.

The worst part is having to wait 180 days. Already have it marked on my calendar. If there is one thing I can say is to take 3 solid months to study. You're going to need it.
jorgeg528

Re: Fail in San Diego

Postby hnQ_9999 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:03 pm

Sorry and agree.
Enchilada is not good enough until something else is available in both writing and audio.
Simply listen to Doucette's reading the index of something won't help.
Not to mention his slip-tongue here and there can cost you a few question in the test.
I hope he will correct them in the next version. I laugh every time hearing the tune "we have covered
a lots of...." at the end of each audio...Yeah, right...
hnQ_9999

Postby cabcandidla » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:19 am

Condolences! As you have now learned, this test is quite unconventional.

I agree that it is in one's best interest to find supplementary material beyond any singular study guide to pass this thing.
I did TWE (pre test alteration), PassXFlash, and Woo tests. I think that's enough, personally. The woo tests are challenging enough to be somewhat realistic for the exam, but the exam questions are even harder than those, in my opinion.

If you aren't scoring 90% or higher on OMCES, and at least 70% preferably 80% on the DD project tests and Woo tests, you might not be prepared. Some of it comes down to simply being able to juggle the concepts you get presented with.

Best of luck next time!
cabcandidla

Postby elduderino1234 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:23 pm

The Whole Enchilada is great and far better than the PPI and Kaplan material that I'm sure we all used for the AREs. Combined with the primary source material that David links to and provided AIA contracts, you shouldn't need anything else to pass this test. Really listen to the things that he stresses and the way he words his questions. He knows what he's talking about.
elduderino1234

Return to CALIFORNIA SUPPLEMENTAL EXAM