Re: CSE Scheduling prior to March 1st_Update: Pass!

Postby Espi » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:48 am

Hi all,

I'm planning on taking the test a couple of days before March 1st, when the test changes.
Has anyone had trouble seeing any exam dates past 2/14/17?
I've been checking daily since December and the system doesn't show any dates past February 14th.

In the past I've been able to see dates a couple of months out but I'm wondering if CAB is holding back these dates for any reason.
Anxious to book it...any insight would be helpful.

Thanks!
Last edited by Espi on Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Espi

Re: CSE Scheduling prior to March 1st

Postby moonstruck66 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:45 am

I scheduled back in October so I haven't run into that. But maybe those dates are all booked from people also wanting to test before March 1st? Have your tried looking at other testing centers near(ish)by?
moonstruck66

Postby Espi » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:54 am

I started looking and others have the same date as the last available (2/14). Others are booked past January.
I might try calling someone at this point to confirm they are booked...
Appreciate the advice!
Espi

Postby jestefan » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:44 am

Espi wrote:I started looking and others have the same date as the last available (2/14). Others are booked past January.
I might try calling someone at this point to confirm they are booked...
Appreciate the advice!

Hi All,

I haven't gotten my eligibility letter yet as NCARB has just sent my records to CAB on the 29th. I'm running against time here, trying to get an appointment prior to March 1st. Can I check availability on PSI before I have an eligibility number? And if so where do I go online? I'm gonna try to get a date near San Francisco but February 2nd might be a little too early. Thanks and good luck to all.
jestefan

Postby turbobeast » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:28 pm

I just called PSI and was not able to schedule anything between Feb 15 - Feb 28. I had originally scheduled my exam for March 31, and was able to do that online. The lady helping me thought perhaps they were holding those dates unavailable to change over to the new test. She was not able to confirm that, however.
turbobeast

Postby jestefan » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:20 pm

turbobeast wrote:I just called PSI and was not able to schedule anything between Feb 15 - Feb 28. I had originally scheduled my exam for March 31, and was able to do that online. The lady helping me thought perhaps they were holding those dates unavailable to change over to the new test. She was not able to confirm that, however.

Same here. PSI couldn't confirm why dates closer to march 1st were not available. However, in my case I couldn't see any dates available post February 04/ 2017 at all San Francisco Bay Area PSI centers. This is really worrying.
jestefan

Postby Espi » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:25 pm

I ended up calling PSI as well and they were only able to see the same dates I could online.
She couldn't tell me whether they were unavailable due to being full or due to CAB holding back dates.
All I could do, she told me, was wait until mid January and check again. (Basically check everyday to see if there are any changes).

I took my spot on 2/14, praying it all goes well...studying hard until then...
Espi

Postby turbobeast » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:50 pm

I did the same - took a spot on Feb 14th. Studying hard and hoping for the best. Good luck!
turbobeast

Postby randy » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:01 pm

i booked my test date in nov.
the lady at psi told me cab cutoff date is 20 feb.
14 feb was the latest date i could get.
we checked several locations in the bay area.
that's it.
i will be ready.
best to all
-r 8-)
randy

Postby Espi » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:34 am

Hey guys,

I took my test on Tuesday and (without much fanfare from the PSI folks) thankfully passed!

I highly recommend the Ultimate Whole Enchilada by Doucette. I kept at it until I was scoring in the high nineties on the online practice exams. The Pass X Flash weren't super helpful for me since for this exam, you need to understand how the regulations relate to specific project types. Learning from the flash cards was not helpful for me in this situation, but that's just my two cents.
I did buy Woo's study materials but after reading through UWE, I just couldn't get through the practice exams. I was failing Woo's exam and stopped halfway through the first. It was definitely messing with my confidence so I went back to UWE and studied my weak areas until I was scoring as close to 100% as possible.

For all those out there studying, keep at it, set a date, and push until your test date.
Thanks to everyone on this forum - I've been encouraged by other people's posts and hope mine can encourage others.
Espi

Postby bowenwu90 » Tue May 16, 2017 10:54 pm

Espi wrote:Hey guys,

I took my test on Tuesday and (without much fanfare from the PSI folks) thankfully passed!

I highly recommend the Ultimate Whole Enchilada by Doucette. I kept at it until I was scoring in the high nineties on the online practice exams. The Pass X Flash weren't super helpful for me since for this exam, you need to understand how the regulations relate to specific project types. Learning from the flash cards was not helpful for me in this situation, but that's just my two cents.
I did buy Woo's study materials but after reading through UWE, I just couldn't get through the practice exams. I was failing Woo's exam and stopped halfway through the first. It was definitely messing with my confidence so I went back to UWE and studied my weak areas until I was scoring as close to 100% as possible.

For all those out there studying, keep at it, set a date, and push until your test date.
Thanks to everyone on this forum - I've been encouraged by other people's posts and hope mine can encourage others.

Thank you for the message, this is exactly what I am looking for to motivate me.
I hit 80-90% on OMCES, but failed woo's exam. I felt horrible after woo's exams.
I think I will follow your path and keep using Doucette's material as primary study material.
bowenwu90

Postby adventurer4hire » Sat May 20, 2017 9:44 am

Hi bowen,
Don't get discouraged. Keep at it with Doucette's materials and when you are scoring 99-100 percent I would then go back to Woo's exams and try again. I bet you will be scoring higher. None of the study materials are perfect. Try to use them as best you can and find your weaknesses. If you have questions post them. I can try to help you as best as possible, within the legal confines imposed upon me. Apparently I need to spell that out word for word now... Anyway the Best of Luck to you!!
adventurer4hire

Return to CALIFORNIA SUPPLEMENTAL EXAM