NCARB processing time before sending record

NCARB processing time before sending record

Postby katieastuart » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:25 pm

I know that a lot of people are curious about this, so I thought I would post my partial experience - I took and passed SD (My last ARE) on 10/26/16. I received an email from NCARB today (12/21/16) that they had sent my record to CAB - almost 2 months later. I had already completed IDP more than a year ago, and I hassled and called NCARB at least once a week (maybe this didn't actually help my cause :lol: ). I'm a totally normal candidate with no special circumstances.

I'm still waiting on my letter of authorization - although CAB assured me that it should be no more than a couple weeks before I am authorized.

I'm sharing this information in light of the 03/01/17 exam change - it is definitely possible that you may not be authorized before that date if you are taking your last exams right around now.
katieastuart

Re: NCARB processing time before sending record

Postby dkismet » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:48 pm

Alternatively, from the day I received my final ARE score report to the day I scheduled for the CSE was about 2 weeks. My local test center was booked out for 2 weeks, so In all it would have taken 4 weeks from my ARE score report to the day i test for the CSE (if I didn't end up postponing)

If you're in a hurry, I recommend calling NCARB straight away. Have your IDP record sent to CAB as soon as you've completed it. Once you receive your last ARE score report, call and verify that you score report is being sent to CAB. Get a time frame and follow up with CAB. If they haven't received it call NCARB again, etc.

Essentially never assume anything will happen automatically, nor that any electronic information will be received in a timely manner. Stay on top of them and verify information that is sent and make sure it is received.

I documented my experience here:

viewtopic.php?t=42155

I did the same process for getting my licence. Had a stamp in less than 2 weeks of passing the CSE. A lot of times the automatic initiation of transmittal takes a week or longer, but if they do it manually it takes 5 minutes. Likewise, once received, they will sit on someone's desk for who knows how long, until you call them and ask them to look for it.

Good luck all
dkismet

Re: NCARB processing time before sending record

Postby jestefan » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:46 pm

I agree with dkismet. The whole process can take as little as 2 weeks if you're on top of NCARB and CAB. With that said, they're very helpful and both were very understanding. NCARB has expedited their review process once I told them about what CAB is about to do with the CSE on March 1st.

My advice to candidates like me who are waiting impatiently for their CSE authorization letter; DONOT just wait but Keep calling NCARB once your AXP and ARE's are done. Then call CAB to get an estimate of when will you be receiving your application. Call every other day if you have to until you've received your valuable ticket. Thanks for all the effort on this forum. We'll be back on it in the new year for one more final exam.

Good luck to everyone!!!!
J
jestefan

Return to CALIFORNIA SUPPLEMENTAL EXAM