Pass and the CSE Exam Keyboard

Pass and the CSE Exam Keyboard

Postby mike224jb » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:15 pm

Got my pass the other day. I studied for about 4 days, approximately 4-5 hours each day. I used the following:

- Whole Enchilada (WE) Study Guide
- WE Audio Supplement
- WE Practice Questions
- AIA Contracts

One thing that I didn't realize when taking the exam was the fact that you do not need to use the keyboard if you do not wish to (except to confirm you are complete with the section). I was under the impression you needed to use the keyboard, but you can in fact, click on the checkboxes next to the correct answers. I'm not sure this is really any savings in time, but I did find it useful for me.

FYI, you really need to know and UNDERSTAND the study information. You definitely cannot go into this exam with experience alone.

Good luck.
mike224jb

Re: Pass and the CSE Exam Keyboard

Postby afermich » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:45 am

you studied for 4 days only?
afermich

Postby mike224jb » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:21 am

Yes, only 4 days. However, it was focused studying. I don't think you need to know everything for this exam (in fact, there is no way you COULD know everything). You need to be a critical thinker, use judgement, and be knowledgeable. That said, there are parts that I needed to focus my own studies that were particularly weak; California air and water acts, seismic acts, etc.

Don't let people scare you into studying for months reading every bit of information. Figure out what is important. Focus on the parts where you are weak and you'll do fine.
mike224jb

Postby winifreddy » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:27 am

You are a test taking wizard! Congratulations!!!!!!
winifreddy

Postby afermich » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:02 pm

Thanks for your comment , which i found super useful. Since I had read your post, I didn't use my keyboard at all. I answered the exam questions just like the ARE exam and I passed my exam. Thanks again!
afermich

Postby turbobeast » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:35 pm

Thank you so much for this post! I had purchased David Doucette's study materials back in October, but life got in the way and I just started to study for a March 31st test yesterday. However, I quickly was alerted to the fact that my study materials are for the test prior to March 1st, so I had to re-schedule. Now I only have 6 weeks to study a 12 week program. I am inspired by your comments and will cram the study time into 6 weeks instead of worrying about re-purchasing new study materials. Uhhgg! I'm always running into these kinds of pressure obstacles. I just hope this is adequate time for my brain. You may have super powers!
turbobeast

Postby hnQ_9999 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:45 am

You passed CSE in 4 days study ?
Wow and congratulations.
It took me 18 months, and I failed 3 times.
And I still have to take the 4th this April.
Forget about the "focus on the goodies" advice, who wanna risk 6 months waiting time in couple days of study ?
Do you work for cab ?
hnQ_9999

Return to CALIFORNIA SUPPLEMENTAL EXAM