HOW LONG FOR AUTHORIZATION TO TEST?

HOW LONG FOR AUTHORIZATION TO TEST?

Postby yilin1985 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:38 am

Hello!

I finished my last ARE 4.0 on 10/6. Yay!

I have been calling NCARB to followup on their transmittal of IDP evaluation to CA/State. Seems like they need to get to first assign my record to an evaluator (just did today 10/27) then evaluator has 30 days to "evaluate". Then it takes then an additional 7-10 days to transmit to CA State. At which point NCARB will email me a letter saying they transmitted to state.

Once at state receives the records, they take X amount of days to process before they can send me a application letter, which I need to pay $100 mail in, then some more weeks before I can get the final authorization to test.

Does that sound right to you guys? Seems like it'll take atleast 3 months before I can take the CSE?? :shock: What has your experience been like?

Love to know!
Best
Yilin
yilin1985

Re: HOW LONG FOR AUTHORIZATION TO TEST?

Postby dryerase » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:57 am

I was able to get my authorization to test within three weeks of passing my last ARE. I called the CAB the same day I got my last NCARB pass notice and asked about the process. They said that the last exam data and ARE completion information had already been transmitted to them from NCARB and that they would start their review the next business day. I got the CSE application in the mail a week after that and dropped it in the mailbox the same day with my $100 check. About a week after that I just called the CAB again to check on the status, and they said that they had all my paperwork, that the check had cleared (although it wasn't on my bank statement yet) and that I was active in PSI's system, I could log into their website and schedule any time. I was a little skeptical it could be so soon, but when I tried scheduling at PSI, I was in the system and I could (and did) sign up for the CSE. My paper letter stating my eligibility to test didn't arrive for another week after that.

So if you really want to expedite the process, just give the CAB a call, don't wait for the physical letters. Maybe someday they'll switch over to electronic notification to really speed things up, but hopefully I'll be long done with the CSE by that point! The people at the CAB usually answer the phone during business hours, I've never had to leave a message. Good luck!
dryerase

Re: HOW LONG FOR AUTHORIZATION TO TEST?

Postby dkismet » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:26 pm

I believe I had authorization after two weeks or so. You just need to stay on top of NCARB and CAB.
Details here:
viewtopic.php?t=42155
dkismet

Return to CALIFORNIA SUPPLEMENTAL EXAM