Context and pre design

Context and pre design

Postby GoldFordLTD » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:39 pm

Hey Coach, All
So i'm having a bear of a time with the CSE and I did well with my AREs. I really knew the whole Ench. and was gettting 99-100 on his test. I missed passing cause i bombed context and pre design so badly which doesn't seem like a tough category. I am gearing up to study again but honestly I don't know what to do different to get a diffrent result. I have Woo's exams too. Does anyone suggest a particular resource to use to strengthen this area?
Appreciate your time,
GoldFordLTD

Re: Context and pre design

Postby dkismet » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:53 pm

there are so many people that find the whole enchilada completely adequate for preparing for this exam. it's possible you just got a rough batch of questions. Regardless I think it's safe to say, you will not be getting the same test. If you're comfortable with the rest of the material, have checked all the links in the whole enchilada, and everything makes sense. Try spening more time undesrstanding programming. Study B202 and maybe try the book "problem solving" to help fully clarify what programming entails, and make sure to understand some of the subtle differences between SD and Programming and Site Evaluation.

There's no secret here, it's just making sure you learn more where you are weak. Make sure you use the knowledge statements as your guide and utilize any study materials recommended by CAB

also worth noting, david has updated his whole enchilada over the years. I had met with someone to study, their two year old guide was dramatically different than mine in some areas.
dkismet

Postby GoldFordLTD » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:08 am

Thanks for taking the time. I need to hear all of that. Testing again in 35 days.
Feel like my life has been on hold for years what to get this in the rear view!
GoldFordLTD

Postby arsine5 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:07 pm

GoldFordLTD,

After hearing about your experience I decided to go over my PPP study material....David mentioned in his recordings that many people say their weakness was Category 1 --similar to you, so I'd recommend you do that as well. I also worry that perhaps the Whole Enchilada isn't enough, but so many people are passing using only that. In any case, just go over ur PPP material because it will help in that area.
arsine5

Postby GoldFordLTD » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:11 pm

Thanks,
I am focusing on PPP and also the AIA docs. Working through them now. I think DK was right that I was getting tripped up on the sequence of site eval and programming or answering questions that put specific actions in the wrong phase. Congrats on your pass DK. Good luck Arsine.
GoldFordLTD

Return to CALIFORNIA SUPPLEMENTAL EXAM