SWPP vs SWPPP

SWPP vs SWPPP

Postby dkismet » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:32 am

It looks like CAL Green requires Storm Water Pollution Prevention to be implemented for new projects that disturb under one acre,
However, If a project disturbs over one acre A Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan is required the The State Water Resource Control Board under the Construction General Permit Order.

Does anyone know how SWPP is enforced or what is required specifically? I'm guessing each jurisdiction may have their own specific requirements to accommodate this portion of the code? compared to the SWPPP which is likely a much more elaborate, detailed, and calculated solution, enforced by the SWRCB, correct?
dkismet

Re: SWPP vs SWPPP

Postby arsine5 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:08 pm

I'm actually working on a project now that requires an SWPP. As a result, this will be checked for during plan check by the local building department. LADBS however specifies that any additions/alterations of 500 SF or more require the SWPP---and after seeing this I was thrown off since our study materials says that this will be needed after 1 acre of project disturbance....In any case, like you said said cities may have more stringent requirements.

But to answer your questions LA had a few option of what measures to take to comply with this code. You can either have a rain barrel, water basin, and I can't remember the rest off the top of my head. One of the option that were given has to be applied to the project.

I'm not sure what measures have to be implemented to comply with the SWPPP though, but I'm sure they are elaborate and require a lot of work in order to get the Construction General Permit.
arsine5

Postby hnQ_9999 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:20 pm

Perhaps you guys were talking about 3 different things. Construction pollution prevention plan. BPM. Storm water pollution protection Plan ?
hnQ_9999

Postby cabcandidla » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:02 am

CalGreen Requires a Stormwater Soil Loss Prevention Plan for projects less than one acre.
cabcandidla

Return to CALIFORNIA SUPPLEMENTAL EXAM