taking the exam

taking the exam

Postby zabee » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:43 pm

Hi all,
I have a few questions about taking the exam I was hoping someone could help on:

1) is there any pause between the project scenario and multiple choice sections at all? The handbook says there is no break, but is there a software review (or similar) that gives a tiny pause btwn sections or once the PS timer runs out, you get switched to the MC questions and that timer immediately starts counting down?

2) if you fail the CSE, are you given any idea of areas of weakness - either at the test center or later by CAB?

3) Would be interested to hear if anyone had anything odd/abnormal happen at their test to warn of. Example: I think someone (usa4?) mentioned recently that he was only allowed 1 sheet of paper at a time - things like that to be mentally prepared for...

thanks,
zabee
zabee

Re: taking the exam

Postby usa4 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:46 pm

zabee wrote:Hi all,
I have a few questions about taking the exam I was hoping someone could help on:

1) is there any pause between the project scenario and multiple choice sections at all? The handbook says there is no break, but is there a software review (or similar) that gives a tiny pause btwn sections or once the PS timer runs out, you get switched to the MC questions and that timer immediately starts counting down?
There is a small pause between the 2 sections

2) if you fail the CSE, are you given any idea of areas of weakness - either at the test center or later by CAB?
Yes- at the end of the test they give you a print out with the 5 areas with the % passed on each area

3) Would be interested to hear if anyone had anything odd/abnormal happen at their test to warn of. Example: I think someone (usa4?) mentioned recently that he was only allowed 1 sheet of paper at a time - things like that to be mentally prepared for...
Be mentally prepared for just about anything on the study guides

thanks,
zabee
usa4

Re: taking the exam

Postby krw » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:34 am

Thanks usa4, good insight and thanks for sharing. I took the CSE and got a 65% out of 67%, in August. This was my first time taking the electronic format though...I took the Oral format 3 times prior to this and barely failed...how elusive this passing grade is!

Unlike the Oral exams where you had no idea what area(s) you were weak in, at least the new format test results list the 5 categories and what percentages you got. I fabulously passed in all categories but Construction! What a failure! But I know what to bone up on!
krw

Return to CALIFORNIA SUPPLEMENTAL EXAM