Hazardous Material Management Plan

Hazardous Material Management Plan

Postby JackuPG » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:45 pm

What would be the hazardous material handled by a police station? Which section of the CBC requires a Hazardous Material Management Plan and who reviews for it? I only found something under laboratory occupancy and maybe here I'm answering my own question. (There's a lab in the police station suggested as a project scenario).
I believe my question is then if the Haz. Mat. Manag, Plan is required in any other circumstance beyond lab. occupancies. Thanks.
JackuPG

Re: Hazardous Material Management Plan

Postby hnQ_9999 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:17 pm

Can only think of armors as fire hazard for police station and
chemical use for crime lab, also fire hazard, but aren't those
be reviewed by Fire Dept ?
--
One-Line clip
ScreenShot-016.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by hnQ_9999 on Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
hnQ_9999

Postby JackuPG » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:21 pm

Yes, the haz mat management plan gets reviewed by the Fire Dept.
I got confused because I did a search in the CBC and found minimal info about it, but I remember (somewhere else in this forum) mentioning of the Cal Fire Code in regards to haz mat management pl
JackuPG

Postby pipes » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:13 pm

Consider that the Police may be required to take as items of evidence; Drugs, blood contaminated items, items related to drug manufacture, Stolen Vehicles, damaged vehicles, explosives, firearms, compressed gasses and similar items. If designing a Police Station, a plan needs to be developed how to safely deal with most similar classes of items before presenting plans to the AHJ.
There are a multitude of Agencies that control toxic substances, and how materials are stored. the Architect is responsible to do more than submit to the Planning Fire and Building portions of the local Jurisdiction. The Owner is the party that is eventually liable, but the Architect has the duty to protect the Public. Advising the Owner is the most common way to get out of that loop, but it may be necessary to obtain a consultant for the Owner.
pipes

Postby hnQ_9999 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:56 am

Flammable/Toxic/Gas/Chem & Mat can be reviewed/permitted by EPA/Dept of Toxic Substance Contrl,
but not a far reach for Fire Dept capacity, IMHO. A more enforced measure wd be obtaining
Operation Permit from Air Resource District.
The keyword is Hazardous Material BUSINESS Management Plan.
I do not think police station is considered as a business that emits, or produces toxic
substance (for a living) per se.
hnQ_9999

Return to CALIFORNIA SUPPLEMENTAL EXAM