Order of Approvals

Order of Approvals

Postby clutjen » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:02 pm

My Pass by Flash, Inc. cards list this question and the order of answers below. I understand that the Planning Dept. approves before the Building Department and but not understanding reasoning for the order of agency approvals. Anyone have any insight as to order or where I can find an overview?

List the chronological order of approvals needed from the following agencies or for the following permits:
1. Wetlands Permit
2. Planning Dept.
3. Coastal Commission
4. ARB (assuming this is Air Resources Board, but could be an Arch. Review Board)
5. Bldg. Dept.
6. Mechanical Permit

Thanks!
clutjen

Re: Order of Approvals

Postby rothko67 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:45 pm

From my experience, planning approval is the first round of approvals. And, since the Planning Dept. is typically the "lead agency", the other approvals would be enveloped within the planning stage approvals. I'm guessing ARB is the design review board, which would occur after you've received planning approvals, meaning that it's a real project. Design review can take a few visits depending on the jurisdiction (I worked in Santa Barbara for 10 years, and there it was not uncommon to have to got the design review panel 2 or 3 times). Once through planning, and design review, you'd just be working on getting a building permit.
rothko67

Postby AREND » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:05 pm

I searched for My Pass by Flash, Inc." but didn't see any results. Who publishes this and where can it be found?

There is no such thing as "Wetlands Permit" (maybe they meant wetlands permits)

It also depends if the project is County or State. If it is State or Municipality, then Rothko67 is correct.
AREND

Postby hnQ_9999 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:30 am

clutjen wrote:...
List the chronological order of approvals needed from the following agencies or for the following permits:
1. Wetlands Permit
2. Planning Dept.
3. Coastal Commission
4. ARB (assuming this is Air Resources Board, but could be an Arch. Review Board)
5. Bldg. Dept.
6. Mechanical Permit

What a wacky flashcard !
I don't think Arch. Review Board permits anything nor Air Resources Board (except for vehicular emitting pollution).
Mechanical Permit is a small independent Permit but usually rolls under Bldg Permit, if there is one.
I do not think there is a so called Wetland Permit. And if wet land is in the picture (as shown), then the question is bogus
because this can involve CEQA process at the get go, and that's a different animal. More agencies will involve and
will review/comment within a set timeframe, but not in chronological order to each other.
Anyone ?
hnQ_9999

Postby Coach » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:54 am

hnQ_9999 wrote:I don't think Arch. Review Board permits anything

The don't issue permits but if applicable, you need their approval.

I do not think there is a so called Wetland Permit.

Army Corps of Engineers.
Coach
Site Admin

Postby hnQ_9999 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:18 pm

I think it s called Section 404, not Wetland Permit, Coach. This can be under any of the 4 types of permits granted by the Corp or other related agencies approvals. Maybe it s a jargon indeed.
-------
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hnQ_9999

Return to CALIFORNIA SUPPLEMENTAL EXAM