Difficulty of the CSE?

Difficulty of the CSE?

Postby matte » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:27 am

Could someone who has recently taken it give any indication of the difficulty of the CSE, or an ARE you found it comparable to? I'm slogging my way through Doucette's study guide, and am not seeing an end in sight. I know about the low pass rate; is this a good indication of the exam's difficulty?
matte

Re: Difficulty of the CSE?

Postby amarch » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:43 am

I easily spent 100 hours studying for the CSE and I think it was much more difficult than any of the AREs. I am out of state, so I am not sure if that had anything to do with it.
Studying for the CSE is much more than reading one study guide. I studied most of the items listed on the reference materials list, and read the AIA contracts several times and Architects Practice Act at least twice.
I probably spent more time studying for all exams than most people, but spending as much time as possible studying helps my mental state in exams. Going into the exam I felt as though there was not much else I could have done to prepare.
amarch

Postby matte » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:09 am

...so does that mean you passed?
matte

Postby amarch » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:25 am

Yes, I passed on the first attempt. For some reason the testing center would only tell me I passed but not my score. So I can't say how well I did...I'm leaving well enough alone.
amarch

Postby Coach » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:43 pm

amarch wrote:For some reason the testing center would only tell me I passed but not my score.

Just like the ARE, that's all you know when you pass because passing is all that matters.
Coach
Site Admin

Return to CALIFORNIA SUPPLEMENTAL EXAM