Woo Mock Exams

Woo Mock Exams

Postby Arch291 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:24 pm

All,

What are your thoughts on Woo's mock exams? Do they make sense? Might they be similar to the exam? I tried the blue project scenario and it was frustrating and discouraging. It wasn't clear like David D's. I guess the test likely won't be either.

Thanks
Arch291

Re: Woo Mock Exams

Postby mustpassare » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:24 am

I heard people saying Woo's is very similar to the actual exam.
mustpassare

Postby BITINGTHEDUST » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:17 pm

I just took Woo Mock Exam, and the result was awful...
There are so many contents which are not covered in David's gude.

The actual tests are like Woo's?
I'm totally at a loss what to do..
BITINGTHEDUST

Postby amarch » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:35 pm

In all of the studying I did, I spent at most 2 hours with the Woo study guide and it was by far the most frustrating 2 hours of my exam preparations.
I can't really imagine the time and effort it takes to prepare a study guide like that, or a website like this one (thank you Coach!), but I could not get past the way the Woo guide is written. My advice is that if the Woo guide is as frustrating for you as it was for me, take it and stash it at the bottom of your closet and forget about it.
I did not use the Woo study guide beyond those 2 hours and was able to pass the exam. One study guide is not going to give you all of the info you need to know, and you can't go into the real exam worrying how you did on this mock exam.
I did use David's study guide, in addition to Pass by Flashx cards, reading the Practice Act, Ventura County guide, relevant AIA contracts, and the other Acts listed in reference materials several times. Also important is to ask questions on this site. When the ARE forum was up and running, I made sure to at least read other posts on the CSE and ask questions when I didn't understand something.
amarch

Postby BITINGTHEDUST » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:30 pm

Thank you for sharing your experience, amarch! I'll just try not to be too pessimistic, and will just absorb info as much as I can, till the exam day next month. I really appreciate this ARE Coach web site, as we don't have ARE FORUM anymore.. Without this web, I would be all alone, just wandering around..
BITINGTHEDUST

Return to CALIFORNIA SUPPLEMENTAL EXAM