Vignette 3.1 How to locate all joist duct combos quickly?

Building Section Vignette and Multiple Choice

Vignette 3.1 How to locate all joist duct combos quickly?

Postby jdunks » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:16 pm

Hi y'all, I finally got 3.1 to work on my laptop so I'm attaching my vignette. Checked it against others and found no errors but please tell me if I'm missing something. By far the most challenging part was being sure I'd successfully located all the joist duct combos. Time consuming! Not always immediately obvious where one size joist stops and another starts. Does anyone have any smooth methodology for doing this?

Thanks!

Vignette CDS 1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jdunks

Re: Vignette 3.1 How to locate all joist duct combos quickly

Postby Coach » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:29 pm

There's an error (or errors) somewhere. Impossible for me to say where, but based on relationship of 2-story roof to 1-story ceiling, something's off.

You just have to be methodical about it. Joist and duct limits are usually pretty clear. Joists continue to bearing points and ducts may change size at intersections.
Coach
Site Admin

Postby jdunks » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:16 pm

Thanks for the review and advice.

After retrying and rechecking, I believe I found my misconception-could you confirm my new approach ? Joist duct combo must equal the depth of the JOIST you draw. Not the JOIST + SLAB you draw! Slab will be outside the sketch rectangle, if sketch rectangle = max joist duct combo for the area. I was putting it inside the sketch rectangle. Since it all came in as one element I didn't think it through.

Thanks again for your time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jdunks

Postby Coach » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:14 pm

Right. Joist size does not include deck.
Coach
Site Admin

Return to CDS - CONSTRUCTION DOCUMENTS & SERVICES