Passed.

Building Section Vignette and Multiple Choice

Passed.

Postby westcat » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:56 pm

Hi Y'all,

Much to my surprise, I received my pass today. I wasn't feeling any confidence leaving the testing center on Thursday so I am kind of in shock. For the MC, I ended up marking at least 1/3 of the questions for review because I was like I don't even know what this is asking let alone the answer but I just went through each one and applied what I had learned from the contracts as best I could. The vignette program is super easy and very manageable in 1 hour if you take a methodical approach. Unless you forget to draw the slab. (I forgot to draw the slab.) That last ten minutes was me scrambling to shift all the elements up and readjust the partitions and also panicking. (WHY NO SELECTION WINDOW NCARB WHY). I thought that if I had managed to pass the MC, I definitely failed the vignette. Thankfully, I did end up passing but I thought I would share this for my fellow anxious test takers who are scared of screwing up something simple during the exam and thinking there isn't enough time to go back and fix it.

Study Materials
*Brightwood CDS Study Manual E-Book while taking notes (1x)
*Brightwood Practice Exam (3x)
**Construction Documents & Services - Practice Questions & Final Exam (1x)
NALSA CDS Flashcards (1x) (the old green ones)
Dorf Vignette - CDS
**Designer Hacks Practice Question (Alotx) - totally worth 39$
Architect Exam Prep - I think it would have been better if I had bought this first since it includes a lot of useful material that I had already studied
    Skimmed study guide
    Watched vignette videos
    Practice Exams (1x)
    Listened to audio courses at work (1x)
Caroline's Notes
Rich's Notes
NCARB Practice Exam (1x)
NCARB Vignette 4.0 w/ NCARB Program (1x)
NCARB Vignette 3.1 w/ NCARB Program (1x)
AIA A201 w/ Commentary - skimmed w/ emphasis on weak areas from practice exams
AIA B101 w/ Commentary - skimmed w/ emphasis on weak areas from practice exams

Thanks to all the posters here.
westcat

Re: Passed.

Postby Serenity » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:58 am

Congratulations!!
Serenity

Re: Passed.

Postby nickedemus » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:46 am

westcat wrote:The vignette program is super easy and very manageable in 1 hour if you take a methodical approach. Unless you forget to draw the slab. (I forgot to draw the slab.) That last ten minutes was me scrambling to shift all the elements up and readjust the partitions and also panicking. (WHY NO SELECTION WINDOW NCARB WHY).

Hahaha

This was me, but in PPP, SPD, and SD.

In PPP, I drew my setback circles, then realized I'd confused radius with diameter. So I deleted everything and redrew my setback circles. Then I realized I was right the first time. So I deleted everything AGAIN, and redrew everything AGAIN. But I got it done, miraculously.

With SPD and SS, I was not so lucky because the programs were a little more complex, elements were more interrelated, AND I didn't realize my mistake until the last few minutes (of course). It was not possible to shift everything around so quickly.

But I did make it through the second time around for those two!!

Congratulations!
nickedemus

Return to CDS - CONSTRUCTION DOCUMENTS & SERVICES