FAILED AGAIN!? PLEASE HELP

Building Section Vignette and Multiple Choice

FAILED AGAIN!? PLEASE HELP

Postby drfmpower » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:02 pm

I have studied everything under the sun and passed the Ballast Q and A / exam with a 90% and the Brightwood / Kaplan Q and A and exam with an 85%. Read all AIA documents, read Jenny and Caroline's notes, read Ballast and Kaplan and listened to the Schiff Hardin lectures twice and I failed again. This is my third attempt. The first time I did not really take it seriously so I really don't count that attempt.

Level 1 in Codes and Regulations
Level 1 in Environmental Issues
Level 3 Construction Drawings and Project Manual
Level 2 in Project and practice Management ( I received a Level 1 the previous time I took it, wtf?)
Level 1 Vignette

I do not know what to do and am very discouraged. I studied night and day for 3 weeks. The vignette I have passed every time and do the least practice on it and end up passing.

How can I improve in the CD and PM area? This is so frustrating and thought I was well prepared. Please help with a direction?
drfmpower

Re: FAILED AGAIN!? PLEASE HELP

Postby drfmpower » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:26 am

Should I purchase the AHPP? I have a real old student edition one from 2000 and did not use this as study material. Do i need a newer one, post 2007?

I have decided to read all the AIA docs again and go over everything I studied before. Should I start studying for PPP and SPD as well? I hear these overlap and maybe it might help with CDS. Any help is appreciated. I really want to get it right this next go around.
drfmpower

Postby drfmpower » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:53 am

Would the 15th edition of AHPP be ok to study for ARE 4.0 or should I buy an older one? Not sure of the difference.
drfmpower

Postby alexwilkosz24 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:29 pm

Change up HOW you study. Make flashcards if you need to. I find I learn by writing also then by quizzing myself over and over, and this would do both. Look. At different methods and ways to remember the same material basically and make your brain work for it.
alexwilkosz24

Return to CDS - CONSTRUCTION DOCUMENTS & SERVICES