Supplementary conditions in contracts or specifications?

Building Section Vignette and Multiple Choice

Supplementary conditions in contracts or specifications?

Postby anonymous283 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:25 am

The location of supplementary conditions has confused me so much. You can barely find info on it with google searches so I managed to come across 2 study materials that discuss it. Both say different things... See uploaded images.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
anonymous283

Re: Supplementary conditions in contracts or specifications?

Postby fare75 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:40 am

I think it should come with A101-2007? :roll: :roll: :roll: (Read A101-2007 #9.1.3)
fare75

Postby anonymous283 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:48 am

Well according to that design hacks question you'd be wrong.
anonymous283

Postby fare75 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:58 am

anonymous283 wrote:Well according to that design hacks question you'd be wrong.

I did a quick search on AHPP

Owner-Contractor Agreement
The construction agreement typically identi es the parties and the architect, de nes the contractor’s scope of work by incorporating the construction drawings and speci ca- tions, states when the work will begin and when it is to be completed, states the amount the contractor will be paid or describes how that amount will be determined, and describes payment procedures. The agreement incorpo-
rates into the contract the conditions (general, supplementary, etc.) and any addenda or other documents. This may be done either by reference or by attaching the docu- ments to the agreement.

supplementary Conditions
General conditions typically must be adapted to suit the particular requirements of a speci c project. Supplementary conditions list such additions, deletions, or other changes to the general conditions. AIA Document A503–2007, Guide for Supplementary Condi- tions, is a resource for drafting them. The practice of making changes to general condi- tions in a separate set of supplementary conditions originated in the pre–computer age and is likely to decline as computers are increasingly used to generate contract documents. When general conditions are adapted by making changes directly in the general condi- tions document itself, a separate supplementary conditions document is unnecessary.
fare75

Postby anonymous283 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:01 pm

Sorry but that still doesn't answer the question. Why do I see the term supplementary conditions used in both contracts and in specifications? Isn't that just a little bit confusing? Can someone clarify?
anonymous283

Postby Coach » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:55 pm

anonymous283 wrote:Sorry but that still doesn't answer the question. Why do I see the term supplementary conditions used in both contracts and in specifications? Isn't that just a little bit confusing? Can someone clarify?

Again, you'd do yourself a big favor by putting your study guides down and spending some quality time with the aia docs.

http://aiad8.prod.acquia-sites.com/site ... 0Guide.pdf
Coach
Site Admin

Postby anonymous283 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:04 am

It sounds like supplementary conditions can appear in instruction bidders, general conditions, owner-contractor agreement, supplement conditions themselves, and division 1 of the specifications. So that design hacks question is wrong then?
anonymous283

Return to CDS - CONSTRUCTION DOCUMENTS & SERVICES