Vignette Question

Building Section Vignette and Multiple Choice

Vignette Question

Postby robo122 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:08 am

I have been thinking about the 3 ways that a person may draw the slab on grade for the vignette, which of the 3 samples that i have drawn would be an acceptable solution?

Secondly, do you have to break each element? (i.e. ceilings at fire wall & interior wall) or can they cross?

and lastly, do the rafters have to overlap into the bearing walls? or just butt into them?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
robo122

Re: Vignette Question

Postby alisabet12 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:14 am

the far right solution is the right one. I think the middle one would be acceptable as well. The far left one is wrong.
alisabet12

Postby Pow_Arch » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:06 am

On my exam , which I passed, I drew the slab as you show in the middle graphic. So this one is acceptable.
Pow_Arch

Postby Coach » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:50 pm

robo122 wrote:I have been thinking about the 3 ways that a person may draw the slab on grade for the vignette, which of the 3 samples that i have drawn would be an acceptable solution?

2 and 3 are both correct.

Secondly, do you have to break each element? (i.e. ceilings at fire wall & interior wall) or can they cross?

Break ceilings at rated and bearing walls.
Break slab at bearing walls
Break rated partitions at decks.

and lastly, do the rafters have to overlap into the bearing walls? or just butt into them?

Draw a snap or two into bearing walls.
Coach
Site Admin

Return to CDS - CONSTRUCTION DOCUMENTS & SERVICES