It’s a PASSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Building Section Vignette and Multiple Choice

It’s a PASSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Postby Rico » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:07 am

Passed
This exam is not about memorizing, it’s about understanding the concept
of the AIA contracts and the architect practice and responsibilities. I did read the Contracts 3 times and by the third time was easier to understand. Experience definitely plays a role to pass (in my case).
The vignette was easy. Finished it 15 min before the time. Double check and everything looked good to me. Vignette was similar Concept as the NCARB practice program.
I studied:
AIA Contract Documents listed in the NCARB study guide. Nothing else. (3 times)
Schiff Hardin lectures (2 times)
The whole enchilada audio while my daily
Walk. (3 times)
Dorf Video (1 time)
Kaplan CDS (2 tomes)
Archiflash flshcards (1 time)

Now getting ready for PPP
Good luck all!
Rico

Re: It’s a PASSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Postby cma52572 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:27 pm

Congrats Rico!!!

How do you think you did on the code questions? That is my concern. I just took it yesterday and I can think of 4 code questions I got right but I can also think of 4 code questions I got wrong and that is what is worrying me.

Does anyone know how it works...like when they tell you you failed the "code section" does that mean you missed 50% or even 40% of the questions? Or is it more generous like they throw a bunch at you and see if you get 4 right?

I felt I did Ok on the contract stuff because that is where I really focused my attention. I am worried about the codes and sustainable since they both only made up about 5% of the exam each.

Anyhow, Congrats Rico!!! must be a HUGE relief because that test was MO FO!!!
cma52572

Re: It’s a PASSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Postby Rico » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:32 pm

I had a very few code questions. They were tricky but basic stuff once you "decode" the tricky part, mostly accessibility.
Let us know if you pass. I got my results in 4 business days. Took it Thursday. Results on NCARB website by early Wednesday morning.
Rico

Return to CDS - CONSTRUCTION DOCUMENTS & SERVICES