specific questions about the vignette

Building Section Vignette and Multiple Choice

specific questions about the vignette

Postby pollypocket345 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:04 pm

Hi Everyone

I just did the CDS vignette on the Frame Launch program. I have a few specific questions in regards to this vignette:

-When determining the deepest joist/duct combo - if the deepest joist and/or duct occurs in another part of the same floor of the building that you are drawing a section through, however does not actually fall in that section area, do you still draw the space for this deepest combo?

-Are the duct sizes indicated on the plan drawing width/depth? I am assuming so and not depth/width.

-Do fire rated non-bearing walls run all the way up to the bottom of the slab that is on top of the joists? And in this case, there is another wall of the same type above so I just sat that one on the slab.

Thank you!
pollypocket345

Re: specific questions about the vignette

Postby Coach » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:25 pm

pollypocket345 wrote:
-When determining the deepest joist/duct combo - if the deepest joist and/or duct occurs in another part of the same floor of the building that you are drawing a section through, however does not actually fall in that section area, do you still draw the space for this deepest combo?

Yes!

-Are the duct sizes indicated on the plan drawing width/depth? I am assuming so and not depth/width.

Width x height.

-Do fire rated non-bearing walls run all the way up to the bottom of the slab that is on top of the joists?

Yes.

And in this case, there is another wall of the same type above so I just sat that one on the slab.

That depends on the plan you're given.
Coach
Site Admin

Re: specific questions about the vignette

Postby pollypocket345 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:58 pm

Thanks Coach!
pollypocket345

Return to CDS - CONSTRUCTION DOCUMENTS & SERVICES