Level 2 on Vignette

Building Section Vignette and Multiple Choice

Level 2 on Vignette

Postby AREator » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:41 pm

Yes... I know I have to do the 3.1 vignette.
My question is different.

How does one interpret a Level 2 grade, for the vignette?
Major mistakes were avoided, but enough little mistakes accumulated to cause trouble?

What grade do people who don't understand the 3.1 riddle get, when they fail?
Level 2 or Level 3?
AREator

Re: Level 2 on Vignette

Postby thd7t » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:26 pm

There are no minor issues on the CDS Vignette. The NCARB video lays out the different errors and how bad they are. I think the only critical issue is missing the grade line. Other errors are major.
thd7t

Postby AREator » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:01 am

thd7t wrote:There are no minor issues on the CDS Vignette. The NCARB video lays out the different errors and how bad they are. I think the only critical issue is missing the grade line. Other errors are major.

So if everything is major, a Level 2 score means that all major elements were included, but something was not right (dimension, missing wall, etc)?
AREator

Postby changes627 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:48 am

This may be a silly question, so I apologize in advance -- but where do you find out how you scored in each section of the multiple choice and vignette if you failed the exam.

I failed my 1st attempt at CD's and according the ncarb website they said they will include a "descriptive report" (which i assume is the different levels of scoring everyone is talking about.) is there a link that i need to click on or is it emailed to you?

thanks
changes627

Postby AREator » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:57 pm

changes627 wrote:This may be a silly question, so I apologize in advance -- but where do you find out how you scored in each section of the multiple choice and vignette if you failed the exam.

I failed my 1st attempt at CD's and according the ncarb website they said they will include a "descriptive report" (which i assume is the different levels of scoring everyone is talking about.) is there a link that i need to click on or is it emailed to you?

thanks

You have to click through: NCARB record / Exams tab / My examination / Score report
Pick your exam and download score report

It's needlessly difficult to read the result (it's a table).
So come back if you need help.

ARE Coach. What does a Level 2 mean on the vignette?
AREator

Postby Coach » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:53 pm

AREator wrote:
changes627 wrote:What does a Level 2 mean on the vignette?

As with any vignette, it's an accumulation of errors of lesser significance than a major/fatal error.
Coach
Site Admin

Postby AREator » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:16 am

Coach wrote:
AREator wrote:
changes627 wrote:What does a Level 2 mean on the vignette?

As with any vignette, it's an accumulation of errors of lesser significance than a major/fatal error.

Thanks. I thought my dimensional precision was off a pixel or two, as I finished. But there was no time left to tweak it all, without harming an adjacent component.
AREator

Return to CDS - CONSTRUCTION DOCUMENTS & SERVICES