Failed Attempt

Building Section Vignette and Multiple Choice

Failed Attempt

Postby drfmpower » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:28 am

I scored a Level 3 in category 2 (6-9%) Environmental and catagory 3 (43-50%) CDs. I received a Level 1 in all other categories including vignette. Can someone give me advice on what to study for those catagories? I'm using Ballast CDS chapters to read, Ballast exam and sample questions, AA sample docs, and Brightwood CDS questions and answers. I'm really surprised I did not score higher in these catagories. Any help is appreciated. I want to take this one again as it's fresh in my mind.
drfmpower

Re: Failed Attempt

Postby drfmpower » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:36 am

I meant AIA sample docs not AA. My state allows me to review the wrong questions on the exam for 1 hour. It costs way too much IMO. Would this help or should I make another attempt and go for it? Should I continue to review all AIA sample docs? I scored an 80% on the ballast exam and a 70% on Brightwood exam. Any help is appreciated.
drfmpower

Postby thd7t » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:58 am

For AIA and contract documents, there is no substitute for the Schiff Hardin lectures. I listened to the first 8 and was extremely well prepared on those. Take notes and read the contracts with the ones on A201 and B101. Those are the most critical documents.

I found Archiflash cards to be an excellent supplement to the other practice exams. I used 3.1 version and they worked well.
thd7t

Postby drfmpower » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:57 am

I didn't use the flash cards this go around. However, I will this time. I listened to the Schiff Hardin lectures as well. I am listening to those again as well. This was my second attempt with a 5 years in between exams so its kinda like doing it a first time. I am definitely taking this exam again because it is still fresh in my mind. The vignette was fine and passed. I passed code and professional practice too. I failed the environmental part but, that is only 6-9%. I will get that right this next time. However, I thought I would have scored higher in the CD part (40-50%). I got a level 3.

I will read Ballast again, take the Ballast tests, Brightwood tests, read all sample AIA docs, and do the flash cards. Am I missing anything? I really want to get this on the third try.
drfmpower

Return to CDS - CONSTRUCTION DOCUMENTS & SERVICES