1ST ATTEMPT PLZ REVIEW

Building Section Vignette and Multiple Choice

1ST ATTEMPT PLZ REVIEW

Postby KOOTA » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:09 pm

FEW QUESTIONS OF COURSE:
1)frost line is @ 5', do I draw " foundation with footing" @ 6' assuming that the footing is 1'x3' ( program doesn't' give sizes)?

2) intersect bearing wall with slab? or do I penetrate the wall with the slab by a few clicks?

3) ceiling stops at each wall (stops at bearing walls) or can it go through partition walls ?

4)footing for the interior wall goes directly under the slab, but does it need a steam wall at all or the bearing wall sits directly on top of the footing without a steam?

5)where do you start drawing the section? up, down or place my ground line directly on top of the section line? ( does it matter)

6) how many inches into the bearing wall with truss elevation?

7)total 2nd floor T+D depth is 3'8" ????

8) 29'10" T.O.P ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
KOOTA

Re: 1ST ATTEMPT PLZ REVIEW

Postby KOOTA » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:20 am

WHAT DID YOU GUYS GET FOR THE HEIGHTS? PLZ HELP, WANNA MAKE SURE I UNDERSTAND THE JOIST AND DUCT COMBO.
KOOTA

Postby Coach » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:31 pm

KOOTA wrote:FEW QUESTIONS OF COURSE:
1)frost line is @ 5', do I draw " foundation with footing" @ 6' assuming that the footing is 1'x3' ( program doesn't' give sizes)?

Top or bottom of footing at frost line.

2) intersect bearing wall with slab? or do I penetrate the wall with the slab by a few clicks?

No.

3) ceiling stops at each wall (stops at bearing walls) or can it go through partition walls ?

Stop at bearing and rated walls.

4)footing for the interior wall goes directly under the slab, but does it need a steam wall at all or the bearing wall sits directly on top of the footing without a steam?

Either way.

5)where do you start drawing the section? up, down or place my ground line directly on top of the section line? ( does it matter)

Anywhere along the line on the left.

6) how many inches into the bearing wall with truss elevation?

A snap or two into wall.

Coach
Site Admin

Postby Coach » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:32 pm

KOOTA wrote:WHAT DID YOU GUYS GET FOR THE HEIGHTS? PLZ HELP, WANNA MAKE SURE I UNDERSTAND THE JOIST AND DUCT COMBO.

4.0 vignette, is not a good practical example. Do the 3.1 vignette to fully understand.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13589
Coach
Site Admin

Postby KOOTA » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:17 pm

thank you , I will practice 3.1
KOOTA

Return to CDS - CONSTRUCTION DOCUMENTS & SERVICES