CDS Vignette for Review Please

Building Section Vignette and Multiple Choice

CDS Vignette for Review Please

Postby Yakety_Yak » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:33 pm

The only thing I can't seem to get is if the ceiling from the lab to the corridor has to be continuous across? Maybe it doesn't matter like the corridor fire rated wall going up through the 2nd floor? Any thoughts or editorials on this and the Vignette are greatly appreciated.

Yak
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yakety_Yak

Failed CDS - Re: CDS Vignette for Review Please

Postby Yakety_Yak » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:59 am

Failed yet again, but was surprised I failed the building vignette. Based on my posting on July 25th, over 20 people viewed my vignette and had not commented so I thought I had it, but apparently I didn't. Anyone have any tips? I wish I knew what I did wrong. I always watch Dorf and practice the vignettes a minimum of 4 times. I think I could have passed this one if it wasn't for the Vignette :(

Yak~
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yakety_Yak

Re: CDS Vignette for Review Please

Postby Coach » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:24 pm

Coach
Site Admin

Postby Sfny » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:38 pm

I noticed
1-on your first floor that the duct in the corridor is too small
2-the interior wall is not projecting above the finish ceiling a few inches
3-It seems that the foundation wall coming up to meet the top of the slab is preferred, with the slab divided between the interior foundation, I know I passed the vignette doing this
Sfny

Postby KOOTA » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:16 pm

Sfny
i had that same question about the foundation walls ? does the foundation wall stop at the bottom or top of the slab? for the interior bearing wall would the foundation have a small ( 4" or 6" depending on slab) foundation wall?
KOOTA

Postby Coach » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:37 pm

KOOTA wrote:does the foundation wall stop at the bottom or top of the slab? for the interior bearing wall would the foundation have a small ( 4" or 6" depending on slab) foundation wall?

Either way is fine.
Coach
Site Admin

Return to CDS - CONSTRUCTION DOCUMENTS & SERVICES