CDS LAB VIGNETTE! help test is Thursday!!!!!

Building Section Vignette and Multiple Choice

CDS LAB VIGNETTE! help test is Thursday!!!!!

Postby zslewis » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:13 pm

in the practice vignette I did the max duct coming out of the mech room is 32x24. so I assume I would leave 24" clear for the ducts and place them within that space even if they were smaller in the section cut, say 12x8 (I aligned the bottom of the ducts to the bottom of the clear space)

or should I consider that the max size of a duct coming into the room is 16x16 and only leave enough clear space for that?

hope this question makes sense!

basically: do I look for the largest duct size on a floor and then leave the clear space for a duct to accommodate that size? or do I base it off of the largest duct size coming into a room. are all the ceiling heights on a single floor level?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
zslewis

Re: CDS LAB VIGNETTE! help test is Thursday!!!!!

Postby thd7t » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:36 am

Ceiling heights in areas are uniform and are given in the program. You need to accommodate this by finding the deepest combination of joist and duct on a level. Please review the 3.1 vignette, because it will clarify this.

A couple of things to correct:
You need your non-rated partitions to go 6" above ceiling.
Your internal footing should be up against the bottom of your slab.

Watch the NCARB video. It will clarify these and other points for you.
thd7t

Re: CDS LAB VIGNETTE! help test is Thursday!!!!!

Postby Yakety_Yak » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:18 pm

I believe you have to put the ducts up to the bottom chord of the joist. Yes try to watch the Dorf video if you can, very helpful.

Yak
Yakety_Yak

Return to CDS - CONSTRUCTION DOCUMENTS & SERVICES