4.0 Vignette Questions

Building Section Vignette and Multiple Choice

4.0 Vignette Questions

Postby bwarner01 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:54 pm

Screenshot 2017-06-07 22.37.26.png
I am taking the test in one week and am hoping to get some clarification on the vignette portion. Below is my practice vignette, could anyone tell me if I am doing anything wrong? I have two specific questions:
1. I saw in a video online that you need to overlap the ends of the joists one or two "clicks" into the bearing walls. Is this true?
2. Do the top of the ducts have to align perfectly with the underside of the joists? If they are not the deepest duct being accounted for in the plenum depth can I place them one or two "clicks" below the joists (as long as they are above the 8" clearance from the ceiling)?

Thank You!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bwarner01

Re: 4.0 Vignette Questions

Postby thd7t » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:03 am

bwarner01 wrote:
Screenshot 2017-06-07 22.37.26.png
I am taking the test in one week and am hoping to get some clarification on the vignette portion. Below is my practice vignette, could anyone tell me if I am doing anything wrong? I have two specific questions:
1. I saw in a video online that you need to overlap the ends of the joists one or two "clicks" into the bearing walls. Is this true? It is a best practice for ensuring a passing vignette
2. Do the top of the ducts have to align perfectly with the underside of the joists? If they are not the deepest duct being accounted for in the plenum depth can I place them one or two "clicks" below the joists (as long as they are above the 8" clearance from the ceiling)? Ducts can be anywhere below the bottom of joists and above the 8" light clearance space.

Thank You!

Your vignette looks good. Be sure to practice the 3.1 version.
thd7t

Return to CDS - CONSTRUCTION DOCUMENTS & SERVICES