CDS- Section Vignette V1 Please comment

Building Section Vignette and Multiple Choice

CDS- Section Vignette V1 Please comment

Postby sidehiller » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:54 pm

Hi Coach!
Please review my first attempt at the Building Section vignette.
Quick questions:
1- Does the top or bottom of footing belong at -5'-0" below grade?
2- Fire wall terminates at the top and bottom of slab but does not penetrate at 2nd floor? Correct?
3- Do the joists extend into the exterior wall to demonstrate bearing?
4- Any particular reason to locate the section higher or lower in drafting area? Zoom is a pain...
Thanks!

Section 060617A.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sidehiller

Re: CDS- Section Vignette V1 Please comment

Postby thd7t » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:10 am

Your vignette is mostly good, but you do not have a parapet at your second floor, which is a pretty big error. Answers to your questions below. Practice with the 3.1 vignette as well.

sidehiller wrote:Hi Coach!
Please review my first attempt at the Building Section vignette.
Quick questions:
1- Does the top or bottom of footing belong at -5'-0" below grade? Either is fine. I put it in between and passed.
2- Fire wall terminates at the top and bottom of slab but does not penetrate at 2nd floor? Correct? Correct
3- Do the joists extend into the exterior wall to demonstrate bearing? That is the preferred way to ensure a passing vignette, but may not be necessary. Play it safe and do it.
4- Any particular reason to locate the section higher or lower in drafting area? Zoom is a pain... Higher and lower is your choice
Thanks!

Section 060617A.JPG
thd7t

Re: CDS- Section Vignette V1 Please comment

Postby sidehiller » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:39 pm

Oops, I cut it off trying to make the file small enough to post... Thanks for the feedback. I downloaded the 3.1 version and will complete it asap.
parapet.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sidehiller

Return to CDS - CONSTRUCTION DOCUMENTS & SERVICES