vignette overall building height

Building Section Vignette and Multiple Choice

vignette overall building height

Postby koreilly » Mon May 22, 2017 10:22 am

I have a general question about building height due to the inaccuracy in the software. While practicing the vignette I noticed that when placing the floors of the two story area, the roof could be an inch or 2 off. This effects the parapet height. Should I extend the exterior walls so the height matches the mathematic height or should I use the sketch circles to make sure I have the graphic clear heights?
koreilly

Re: vignette overall building height

Postby gbalaka » Mon May 22, 2017 12:01 pm

The software allows for 10% plus/minus room for error due to the fact that it snaps on every inch.

So you're fine. As long as you're not WAY off.
gbalaka

Postby Coach » Mon May 22, 2017 2:15 pm

gbalaka wrote:The software allows for 10% plus/minus room for error

That is incorrect!
Coach
Site Admin

Postby Coach » Mon May 22, 2017 2:18 pm

koreilly wrote:I have a general question about building height due to the inaccuracy in the software. While practicing the vignette I noticed that when placing the floors of the two story area, the roof could be an inch or 2 off. This effects the parapet height. Should I extend the exterior walls so the height matches the mathematic height or should I use the sketch circles to make sure I have the graphic clear heights?

Work to what the snap allows. Provide relative dimensions. If a requirement is minimum, meet or exceed. If a maximum, meet or move one snap less.
Coach
Site Admin

Return to CDS - CONSTRUCTION DOCUMENTS & SERVICES