Construction schedule in project manual?

Building Section Vignette and Multiple Choice

Construction schedule in project manual?

Postby priscilla17 » Mon May 15, 2017 7:47 am

Where do the owner's requirements for construction schedule (ie. if they require an atypical work week that's longer/shorter than 5 days) typically go in the Project Manual? Having a hard time understanding the difference between what's in the General Conditions vs. Supplementary Conditions vs. Division 1, but I think it's one of those 3?

Thanks!
priscilla17

Re: Construction schedule in project manual?

Postby Coach » Mon May 15, 2017 2:05 pm

It can't be in General Conditions (A201) because that shouldn't be edited. It should be in supplementary conditions per A503.
Coach
Site Admin

Re: Construction schedule in project manual?

Postby bladeyoon » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:06 am

Coach wrote:It can't be in General Conditions (A201) because that shouldn't be edited. It should be in supplementary conditions per A503.

Hi Coach,

Is that mean the below question's answer is wrong?

Q. Supplementary conditions are found where?
A. AIA G707
B. Within the A201 General Conditions
C. In division 01 of the specifications
D. In the A101 and B101

The question provider says the answer is B.
and explains,"supplementary conditions pinpoint what is unique to a project. They the standard contract forms to accommodate the legal, physical, or climatic conditions of the specific project and are found within A201 General Conditions."

I clearly remember that A201 General Conditions shall not be edited. This question got me confused..

And for A503 'Guide for Supplementary Conditions', do you use this to literally edit in or just use it as a guide? (I am a bit confused by the word 'Guide'. But, I can see that there are blank spots to input yourself in A503. So probably use this to edit?)

Appreciate your inputs!
bladeyoon

Return to CDS - CONSTRUCTION DOCUMENTS & SERVICES