Advice for CDs exam retake

Building Section Vignette and Multiple Choice

Advice for CDs exam retake

Postby coracerv » Thu May 11, 2017 12:09 pm

Hola,

I am getting to the point where I don't want to study any more for my CDs exam (this is going to be my second attempt on May 17). I am still scoaring between 50-60% on Ballast CDs Sample Questions. I haven't finished reading AiA docs A201, B101, and so forth. I would like to have some advice about studying techniques on how to retain information. My self esteem is down after failing two exams PPP and CDs. I want to see a PASS... I feel ashamed of myself for not passing any exam yet. I failed PPP on July 2016, I took a break and start starting on November 2017 for CDs, I failed on March, 2017. I passed the vignette, codes and regulations, project & practice. I got a 2 level on content areas 2&3. My frustration makes me mad... I want to pass this Exam!!! :oops:

Your comments are greatly appreciated!

coracerv

Re: Advice for CDs exam retake

Postby brownc13 » Thu May 11, 2017 6:01 pm

I'm in the same boat. Loosing steam a bit but just keep pushing. I failed cds twice so this time around I have to pass it. The AIA documents are crucial. You must memorize the specification divisions. With the AIA contracts being so dense... I've been reading the AIA w/commentary (It helps break it down into simple terms). Just keep pushing you'll get there.

I have three left and can't wait to be done but don't get ahead of yourself.... just focus on one at a time.

Cheers!
brownc13

Postby coracerv » Thu May 11, 2017 8:08 pm

Thank you for the advice Brownc13. I have been listening to the Shiff Hardin Lectures, their lectures are great explaining A21 and B101. It is difficult to digest all the information. The specifications divisions I have been memorizing them, but I want to understand what each division covers, Ballast does a good job explaining the content of each division on chapter 49.

I will keep studying and I won't give up. I wish you the best in the rest of your exams.

Thank you!
coracerv

Postby coracerv » Thu May 11, 2017 9:04 pm

Thank you for the advice Brownc13. I have been listening to the Shiff Hardin Lectures, their lectures are great explaining A21 and B101. It is difficult to digest all the information. The specifications divisions I have been memorizing them, but I want to understand what each division covers, Ballast does a good job explaining the content of each division on chapter 49.

I will keep studying and I won't give up. I wish you the best in the rest of your exams.

Thank you!
coracerv

Postby brownc13 » Fri May 12, 2017 2:55 pm

Thank you coracerv!
brownc13

Return to CDS - CONSTRUCTION DOCUMENTS & SERVICES