NCARB 3.1 Vignette - testing Monday!

Building Section Vignette and Multiple Choice

NCARB 3.1 Vignette - testing Monday!

Postby kajmera » Thu May 04, 2017 7:38 pm

Hello,
My first take at the 3.1 Vignette:
I stopped the ceiling at every rated wall, but I drew the joists straight across. Does it matter whether floors, ceilings, and joists are broken up or continuous?

The numbers I have are:
For first floor: 8'-4" ceiling height + 8" for light fixtures + 24" tallest duct + 28" deepest joist
For second floor: 8'-4" ceiling height + 8" for light fixtures + 24" tallest duct + 20" deepest joist
For laboratory: 26'-0" ceiling height + 8" for light fixtures + 12" tallest duct + 28" deepest joist

Any feedback is greatly appreciated! Thank you! :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kajmera

Re: NCARB 3.1 Vignette - testing Monday!

Postby kajmera » Thu May 04, 2017 8:30 pm

I just read the joist-duct combination thread and realized that I was taking to wrong approach! I was taking the largest duct on the entire floor and largest joist on the entire floor.

Instead, it should be joist size + largest duct for THAT joist size = "combo". And the largest "combo" will be the number to go with. Am I thinking correctly now?
kajmera

Postby Coach » Fri May 05, 2017 1:22 pm

kajmera wrote:I just read the joist-duct combination thread and realized that I was taking to wrong approach! I was taking the largest duct on the entire floor and largest joist on the entire floor.

Instead, it should be joist size + largest duct for THAT joist size = "combo". And the largest "combo" will be the number to go with. Am I thinking correctly now?

Correct, and it looks like that's what you did.
Slab should be on grade.
Coach
Site Admin

Postby kajmera » Sat May 06, 2017 5:43 pm

Thank you coach! Appreciate the feedback! Will make a note about slab on the grade.
Coach wrote:Correct, and it looks like that's what you did.
Slab should be on grade.
kajmera

Return to CDS - CONSTRUCTION DOCUMENTS & SERVICES