EXAM VERIFICATION

Building Section Vignette and Multiple Choice

EXAM VERIFICATION

Postby gjoseph2085 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:16 am

Hello...I took CDS last week and just found out I failed. I really thought I had this down and aced the vignette, but it shows that I got Level 3 in Vignette...2 questions I have for anyone who can help.
1) Is it worth challenging and paying $100 for verification?
2) by doing the verification, does NCARB tell you exactly what you did wrong or do they just simply check the vignette and tell you that you failed or if they made mistake they tell you that you passed?

Any help, much appreciated. Thank you.
gjoseph2085

Re: EXAM VERIFICATION

Postby thd7t » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:05 am

There is only one "critical error" on the CDs vignette, but it's totally one that the exam setting could cause you to overlook. It's forgetting to set the grade line. If you start with the slab and forget grade, it's an automatic fail. There are a number of other issues that it could be, but it's the one that would haunt me. The other errors on the exam are considered minor.

The only person that I've heard of having a score overturned didn't challenge. NCARB found the mistake and came to them. I've never heard of a challenge working out.

According to others on this forum, NCARB will check the vignette and tell you that you failed, not explain your error(s).
thd7t

Re: EXAM VERIFICATION

Postby gjoseph2085 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:19 am

Thank you...I just spoke with ncarb, they told me it's $100 PER DIVISION that you received Level 2 and Level 3.

And like you said - they won't say anything about what you did wrong - just either you pass or fail.
gjoseph2085

Return to CDS - CONSTRUCTION DOCUMENTS & SERVICES