CDS Pass!

Building Section Vignette and Multiple Choice

CDS Pass!

Postby Farmall12 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:04 am

Well Ladies and Gents, It is time for me to thank all of you for your assistance and support in getting my CDS Pass Letter. :D

PPP and CDS done...onto SPD then converting to 5.0 so I can get this done in 5 tests!

Resources that everyone needs to read and understand - pretty much the same as everyone else usually says:

- AIA Documents (B101, A101, A201, C401)<--- IMPORTANT S**T HERE!!! These documents are free to read so do it!
- AHPP (I used the student version I had in college and was sufficient for the exam)<--- IMPORTANT S**T HERE - READ THE WHOLE THING. IT WILL HELP YOU PASS AND MAKE YOU A BETTER ARCHITECT IN THE END!!!
- CSI Manual - Know the Divisions (especially front end stuff)
- Architect Exam Prep (was a decent resources for minimal money. Covers a wide variety of material reliant to the various test areas and in good format. Was worth the money)
- Ballast and Gang Chen (see if you can get these on Ebay or in the classified section of this forum. Used is good)
- For general review resources - http://www.martyhuie.com/ and Rich's and Jenny's Notes, ADAAG. And for those who can, get a copy of Building Codes Illustrated from Francis Ching. He is the man! Its a great resource in understanding the IBC. Sadly not many colleges use this resource anymore.
- Black Spectacles Youtube channel. Very informative as to the types of questions you may come across.
- Schiff Harden Lectures - These guys explain the realm of contracts and project delivery in a very engaging way. I listened to them while I worked and glanced at the AIA docs when he would start a new section. http://www.schiffhardin.com/professionals/attorneys/d-i/hanahan-michael-j/hanahan-lecture-notes-2016
- Read the posts on this forum! So many questions are answered by wonderful people on this forum. Much appreciation goes out to Coach for keeping this kind of resource alive and well after the downfall of the previous forum. (That hints as to how long I have been at this.)
- I practiced the NCARB vignette about 5 times, just to get used to the tools since its so archaic compared to Revit.

I had a few months to go through all this fun before my exam this past Saturday. Received my results in 5 days, which seems to be the average response time. It may seem daunting for all of you who are beginning the process, or those of you who need to retake it. Keep your chin up, keep your eyes on the prize and in the words of a fire academy instructor I once had, don't miss the bus!
Farmall12

Re: CDS Pass!

Postby man of 051200 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:30 pm

Congrats! I'm pushing for my 5/22 test date. Quick question:

Do we need to know the 16 division specs or the 50? (That also tells you how long I've been at this!)

Thanks and happy pursuit!
man of 051200

Postby Coach » Tue May 02, 2017 11:20 am

man of 051200 wrote:Do we need to know the 16 division specs or the 50?

The study guide tells you.
Coach
Site Admin

Postby man of 051200 » Fri May 12, 2017 2:14 pm

Thanks, Coach!
man of 051200

Return to CDS - CONSTRUCTION DOCUMENTS & SERVICES