CDS EXAM questions

Building Section Vignette and Multiple Choice

CDS EXAM questions

Postby Maria » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:45 am

Hello ! my name is Maria and I have a couple of questions regard the CDS exam 4.0. that I thought you would be able to help me out.
- Punch list goes before or after the Substantial Conditions?
- How do I calculate stair?
- How do I calculate Occupancy?
- What’s the difference Between Project Manager and Construction Manager?
- How does the application for payment?
- What’s the best way to understand the ADA ramps? And which are the basic examples of these?
- Where could I find some example of the basic ADA requirements apart from Ballas?

Thank you !
Maria

Re: CDS EXAM questions

Postby thd7t » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:32 pm

Maria wrote:Hello ! my name is Maria and I have a couple of questions regard the CDS exam 4.0. that I thought you would be able to help me out.
- Punch list goes before or after the Substantial Conditions?
Substantial completion occurs before the punch list.
- How do I calculate stair?
Can you clarify this question?
- How do I calculate Occupancy?
Use the tables in IBC
- What’s the difference Between Project Manager and Construction Manager?
These are really different. CM is an advisor to the owner or a party responsible for building the project. PM is the individual in the Architect's office who coordinates the project.
- How does the application for payment?
How does it what?
- What’s the best way to understand the ADA ramps? And which are the basic examples of these?
Read the ADA guidelines. They're free.
- Where could I find some example of the basic ADA requirements apart from Ballas?
Read the ADA guidelines. They're free.

Thank you !

These are really basic questions. I would be very concerned if I were trying to sit for exams and didn't understand most of them. I'm sorry for the blunt assessment.
thd7t

Re: CDS EXAM questions

Postby seaccs » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:33 pm

Maria wrote:- Punch list goes before or after the Substantial Conditions [sic]?

Both, depending on how you are imagining the punch list and how it "goes" before or after? Punch list is created by contractor and submitted to architect as part of the process for determining Substantial Completion (see A201 9.8); so the punch list has to be created before the project can be certified as substantially complete. Punch list is then used after Substantial Completion as a record to verify project is finally complete; once the contractor finishes all the stuff on the punch list, and it is certified by the architect, the contractor can submit their final application for payment.
seaccs

Return to CDS - CONSTRUCTION DOCUMENTS & SERVICES