plenum thickness

Building Section Vignette and Multiple Choice

plenum thickness

Postby mustgetlicense » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:07 pm

G'evening, I have a quick question on calculation of the plenum thickness. I hope my question is clear at this late hour.

At an A.I.A. exam prep. lecture they said to find the deepest duct & add it to the deepest joist on the floor plan (even if they aren't in the same locations) & don't forget the light fixture space & that will be your plenum space. IS THIS TRUE?

-OR-

If the floor plan has five different areas of differing ducts & differing joists, am i supposed to just look for the area with the largest height combination in any of the five areas? (also not forgetting the light fixture space)
mustgetlicense

Re: plenum thickness

Postby Sparky83 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:01 am

mustgetlicense wrote:G'evening, I have a quick question on calculation of the plenum thickness. I hope my question is clear at this late hour.

At an A.I.A. exam prep. lecture they said to find the deepest duct & add it to the deepest joist on the floor plan (even if they aren't in the same locations) & don't forget the light fixture space & that will be your plenum space. IS THIS TRUE? NO!

-OR-

If the floor plan has five different areas of differing ducts & differing joists, am i supposed to just look for the area with the largest height combination in any of the five areas? (also not forgetting the light fixture space) This is the correct approach.
Sparky83

Re: plenum thickness

Postby mustgetlicense » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:27 pm

Thank you sparky83
mustgetlicense

Return to CDS - CONSTRUCTION DOCUMENTS & SERVICES