NCARB 4.0--1st attempt

Building Section Vignette and Multiple Choice

NCARB 4.0--1st attempt

Postby ampdesign » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:48 pm

Testing on Friday...just getting into vignette study. Please thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ampdesign

Re: NCARB 4.0--1st attempt

Postby Sarah be » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:06 pm

It looks like you're missing a finished ceiling on the 2nd floor. Also, don't forget that you have to allow room for the *deepest* duct that will use the duct space above the 8" clearance for lights. It looks like you're a little short but it's really hard to tell if things are right just by looking at the solution. I have seen other people post the heights they got for their walls or for the amount of interstitial/plenum space they've allowed for lights and ducts. That way people can compare your solution to theirs. Good luck!
Sarah be

Postby ampdesign » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:28 pm

Sarah be wrote:It looks like you're missing a finished ceiling on the 2nd floor. Also, don't forget that you have to allow room for the *deepest* duct that will use the duct space above the 8" clearance for lights. It looks like you're a little short but it's really hard to tell if things are right just by looking at the solution. I have seen other people post the heights they got for their walls or for the amount of interstitial/plenum space they've allowed for lights and ducts. That way people can compare your solution to theirs. Good luck!

Yup got in a hurry and forgot the ceiling. Thanks for the other comments. I did factor in the deepest duct. Good suggestions about posting additional info. thanks.
ampdesign

Postby alisabet12 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:09 pm

It looks like your bearing walls are resting on the slab. You should break the slab at the bearing walls..
alisabet12

Postby ampdesign » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:11 pm

alisabet12 wrote:It looks like your bearing walls are resting on the slab. You should break the slab at the bearing walls..

I seem to remember hearing that there is some latitude about that requirement. It can be drawn both ways with or without the slab break for this exam. Can anyone confirm?
ampdesign

Postby Pow_Arch » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:09 pm

A friend of mine didn't break the slab at her exam and she passed. I broke my slab and passed as well. Seems either condition is acceptable.
Same with breaking the ceiling at the interior fire rated walls, my friend didn't break the ceiling and I did.
It seems that you haven't brought up the interior non fire rated partition 6" past the ceiling. This you should do.

Because I cannot measure your duct'joist combination I cannot say if it is correct, but looks about right to me.
Pow_Arch

Postby Pow_Arch » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:12 pm

And don't ever do a single vignette in a "hurry". Anything that an architect does in a hurry ends up being very compromised ;)
Pow_Arch

Return to CDS - CONSTRUCTION DOCUMENTS & SERVICES