Sajjad Alt

Building Section Vignette and Multiple Choice

Sajjad Alt

Postby madcap3693 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:51 pm

Hi All. Please review. I used this program. I assumed the "Meeting Room" to be Sajjad's office.

My Joist / Duct combos were as follows:

First Floor: 28" Joist / 24" Duct

Second Floor: 20" Duct / 24" Joist

Two Story Space: Duct 12" / Joist 48" (NCARB program does not allow one to draw a 48" Joist so I just drew 36")

BUILDING SECTION VIGNETTE
SUGGESTED TIME: 1 HOUR

Famous Forum members want to stay close to each other and obtained a building where al of them can have their offices. On the work screen, locate a grade line and draw a schematic building section corresponding to a section cut line S-S. Your section should include all required sectional components and should reflect accurately the dimensions, structural relations and spatial relations indicated in the program and the plans. Vertical clearances not explicitly stated in the program or vignette directions must be accurately interpreted and indicated on your solution.

PROGRAM
The structural system consist of top chord bearing steel joists on masonry bearing walls with continuous concrete spread footings and concrete slab on grade.
1. All ceilings and roofs are flat.
2. Non-bearing corridor and Lobby walls must have a one-hour (minimum) fire-resistive rating.
3. Exterior and bearing walls have a 2-hour (min) fire resistance rating.
4. Ceiling heights:
First floor Lobby and corridors: 9'-0''; remaining floor: 9' - 6''.
Second floor: 10'-0'' throughout.
Meeting Room: 26'-6''.
5. Ceiling spaces must be used as return air plenums.
6. Provide 8” of clearance between the bottom of the ducts and finished ceiling to accommodate light fixtures and the
7. All ducts must be placed below the joists.
8. Parapets must extend 3'-6'' above the surface of decks at roof edges and at changes in the roof deck elevation.
9. The frost depth is 5'-0'' below grade.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
madcap3693

Re: Sajjad Alt

Postby JayDubs » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:43 pm

Make sure the top of your frost depth footings are below the 5' first depth.
JayDubs

Return to CDS - CONSTRUCTION DOCUMENTS & SERVICES