NCARB Vignette Review

Building Section Vignette and Multiple Choice

NCARB Vignette Review

Postby HotelSphinx » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:46 pm

Comments welcome - my first stab at this is attached.

For HVAC clearances, my numbers were as follows: Laboratory: 20"; First Floor: 24"'; Second Floor: 20" (in addition to lights, structure, and deck).

On that note, I am seeing several forum questions about "max duct / beam depth." I have to admit I'm confused by this - I see how to determine that maximum duct size for a certain area, but since the Program states that "all ceilings and roofs are flat," the beam depth for any area will remain the same throughout that area (unlike the duct depth, which varies)...right? Am I missing something?

Thanks for any feedback!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HotelSphinx

Re: NCARB Vignette Review

Postby Coach » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:29 pm

HotelSphinx wrote:On that note, I am seeing several forum questions about "max duct / beam depth." I have to admit I'm confused by this - I see how to determine that maximum duct size for a certain area, but since the Program states that "all ceilings and roofs are flat," the beam depth for any area will remain the same throughout that area (unlike the duct depth, which varies)...right? Am I missing something?

They're joists, not beams, and they're not constant.
Coach
Site Admin

Re: NCARB Vignette Review

Postby HotelSphinx » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:44 pm

Got it.

Any issues you see with the solution I attached?
HotelSphinx

Return to CDS - CONSTRUCTION DOCUMENTS & SERVICES