Thank you for comment on CDS V solution & several questions

Building Section Vignette and Multiple Choice

Thank you for comment on CDS V solution & several questions

Postby GTR » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:20 pm

thank you for your comment on this CDS V solution.
20131117.jpg

Also, need clarification on the following questions?

1) Since there is no related information in the program(correct me if i am wrong), is it just a common sense that the interior wall footings don't have to go to the frost depth? The youtube tutorial video shows that both exterior and interior footings go to the frost depth. However, NCARB sample passing solution shows the difference between two types footings.

2) How should ceilings meet walls? Do they have to stop right at the face of the walls or do they have to go into the wall a little bit just like the joists?

3) Do ducts have to be right under the bottom of the joists or they can be at any place within the allowable space (the largest duct depth)?

4) What is the correct relationship between the INTERIOR wall, footings and slab? up or bottom?
interior footing.jpg

5)What is the correct relationship between the EXTERIOR wall, footings and slab? left or right?
ext footing.jpg

thank you
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GTR

Re: Thank you for comment on CDS V solution & several questi

Postby Coach » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:24 pm

GTR wrote:1) Since there is no related information in the program(correct me if i am wrong), is it just a common sense that the interior wall footings don't have to go to the frost depth?

Place interior footings below slab.

2) How should ceilings meet walls? Do they have to stop right at the face of the walls or do they have to go into the wall a little bit just like the joists?

Stop at wall.

3) Do ducts have to be right under the bottom of the joists or they can be at any place within the allowable space (the largest duct depth)?

Anywhere between light space and bottom of joist.

4) What is the correct relationship between the INTERIOR wall, footings and slab? up or bottom?

Stop slab at wall.

5)What is the correct relationship between the EXTERIOR wall, footings and slab? left or right?

Either way.
Coach
Site Admin

Re: Thank you for comment on CDS V solution & several questi

Postby GTR » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:58 pm

Thank you so much, Coach!

Any comments on my Vignette?

Coach wrote:
GTR wrote:1) Since there is no related information in the program(correct me if i am wrong), is it just a common sense that the interior wall footings don't have to go to the frost depth?

Place interior footings below slab.

Stop at wall.

Anywhere between light space and bottom of joist.

Stop slab at wall.

Either way.
GTR

Return to CDS - CONSTRUCTION DOCUMENTS & SERVICES