AHPP - Necessary for exam?

Building Section Vignette and Multiple Choice

AHPP - Necessary for exam?

Postby joshpayne » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:28 am

Hi all. Just as my subject says, I want to get an idea if people feel that the AHPP is critical for passing the exam. Beside Kaplan and the standard AIA documents, what other material is a must for studying? Thank you.
joshpayne

Re: AHPP - Necessary for exam?

Postby Vitruvius » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:52 pm

Personally, I feel it is necessary. It explains a lot about content relationships and relationship with our field. Besides, it is one of those essential reference... like graphic standards. You may not use it daily or even agree with 'standards', but it is sure handy when you do need it. (But that's just me.)

The 15th edition is about to come out in print in November... that's like, tomorrow, so if you are in the market for it you may want to wait for the latest. (The kindle version out though.)
Vitruvius

Re: AHPP - Necessary for exam?

Postby LICall » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:29 pm

If you want to be an ARCHITECT, that book is essential as well as GAPHIC STANDARS.
I have it. and really It have all. In the beginning look scary big... but like all thinks little a little you love it. And find better and easy source of great information.

I have Kaplan and Ballast, but personally I prefer AHPP. If you analyze the CDS - NCARB GUIDE, in the reference, the last page. Basically AHPP + GRAPHIC STANDARD have almost the 90% of the score, the other 3 referenced books are for the 10% score all together. Of course you do not need to read the whole book you must read the chapters the correspond to a "PROJECT AND PRACTICE MANAGEMENT" (Chapters 12 to 17 more less) (For the Number 4, contents NCARB CDS guide) and you will get almost 50% of your MC exam.
LICall

Return to CDS - CONSTRUCTION DOCUMENTS & SERVICES