Tested today and made huge vignette mistake

Building Section Vignette and Multiple Choice

Tested today and made huge vignette mistake

Postby Coldhue » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:56 pm

I tested today and feel that I've made a terrible mistake. On the vignette I overbuilt the interstitial space of the two-story area thinking that the duct needed to clear the second floor ceiling clearances. I'm wondering if this is an automatic fail. I feel that I did everything else okay except for over building this area. I'm feeling so disappointed and hope this isn't an automatic fail. Any similar situations out there? Ugh... :(
Coldhue

Re: Tested today and made huge vignette mistake

Postby Vitruvius » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:49 pm

In the rush I feel I did something similar, I put the interior footing below frost line. I feel so stupid. Not that the thing is going to fall or anything. Just that the freaking clock ticks away and j try to rush through it. I'm on the same boat as you. I just wait and hope it is not a total fail. Good luck anyhow.
Vitruvius

Postby Coldhue » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:34 am

Thanks Vitruvius for the comment. I'm hoping this mistake didn't blow my whole exam, but at least I'll know what I need to change if I take it again.
Coldhue

Postby Vitruvius » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:24 pm

I don't think it will blow your whole vignette. You'll probably have some points off for not holding the interstitial space to it's minimum dimension. If anything, leaving more interstitial space is the "better" of the mistakes. I've never heard a sub complain they have too much workroom and the ducts fit too well... but I certainly hear the whining when the space is tight. If the rest of the vignette is good, you probably get credit for that. Let us know how it went.
Vitruvius

Postby Coach » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:31 pm

Coldhue wrote:Any similar situations out there? Ugh... :(

Sure, the practice vignette. If the lab was high enough to clear the 2nd floor ceiling it's definitely a fail.
Coach
Site Admin

Return to CDS - CONSTRUCTION DOCUMENTS & SERVICES