Vignette Question NCARB 4.0

Building Section Vignette and Multiple Choice

Vignette Question NCARB 4.0

Postby chedin » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:21 pm

I was going through the vignette again (see post from a couple of days ago), and started thinking about something the Dorf video said - that he used to try to trip people up by running the duct from the area of 2 stories to the double height space, which meant you had to keep the joists up high. I'm wondering if that's what I should be doing in this example. Did that make sense? Hopefully someone responds since my last two messages have been sitting for a few days with no response :-(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
chedin

Re: Vignette Question NCARB 4.0

Postby Coach » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:23 pm

chedin wrote:I was going through the vignette again (see post from a couple of days ago), and started thinking about something the Dorf video said - that he used to try to trip people up by running the duct from the area of 2 stories to the double height space, which meant you had to keep the joists up high. I'm wondering if that's what I should be doing in this example.

No. Since the risers have the ability to run through the lab roof you should assume they do.
I think the actual exam will be more straightforward.

Hopefully someone responds since my last two messages have been sitting for a few days with no response :-(

The CDS vignette is difficult to review online.
Coach
Site Admin

Postby chedin » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:05 am

Coach, I never returned to say thank you for your response. My manners have drastically reduced from the stress of these tests. Please accept my sincerest apologies.
chedin

Postby Coach » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:45 pm

chedin wrote:Coach, I never returned to say thank you for your response.

Not necessary.
Coach
Site Admin

Return to CDS - CONSTRUCTION DOCUMENTS & SERVICES