Pass.... Failed first time around

Building Section Vignette and Multiple Choice

Pass.... Failed first time around

Postby rbrown0011 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:37 am

Just some words of wisdom. I took CD's back in November and failed, unfortunately this being the first test I took. I was humbled and realized my overconfidence going into the test accompanied with mediocre study habits. This forum helped guide my study habits to retake the test the second time around. I retook the test last week and just found out that I passed! I have since taken PPP and passed that section as well. My study materials were as follows:

1. Kaplan - Vignettes, quizzes, content, etc...
2. Schiff Hardin Lectures (while driving)
3. Flashcards
4. Caroline's Notes
5. Random study materials on the internet. Including the attached file which really helped me wrap my head around process (I unfortunately don't know where this originated, but this is not my original content nor do I own the rights).
6. Read the contracts. A101, A201, B101, etc... Helps a ton in regards to general conditions, supplementary conditions and general requirements.
6. This website... helped tremendously! Thanks coach!

*I skimmed the AHPP chapters the 2nd time around and felt that there wasn't really any content that was alien and decided it wasn't worth the time. It would be very beneficial if the material was read while studying for the first time taking the test. The material seems very superfluous.

Congrats to all of you who are grinding with these stressful exams and I commend everyone who even has taken the first step into reaching your goals. Try and remember you are doing this for a reason. Everyone has different reasoning with the same end goal. You are learning a tremendous amount while studying. which is never a bad thing. Don't let studying become the mundane task, try and enjoy and get something out of every session.

Cheers!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rbrown0011

Re: Pass.... Failed first time around

Postby greek22 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:42 pm

Thank you for the inspiration and Congrats! I also took the exam back in November (my first exam) and failed. Will be testing in a couple of weeks.
greek22

Re: Pass.... Failed first time around

Postby AREismypimp » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:10 pm

That Life of a Project pdf was so detailed. What a visual and whoever made that- great job!
AREismypimp

Return to CDS - CONSTRUCTION DOCUMENTS & SERVICES