Does CDS have an online seminar???

Building Section Vignette and Multiple Choice

Does CDS have an online seminar???

Postby brownc13 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:20 am

Besides the shiff Hardin lectures, does CDS have an online seminar? Something similar to the Ermann one for building systems or BCDS? I'm more of a visual learner! And the ermann seminar really helped me pass building systems!

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!
brownc13

Re: Does CDS have an online seminar???

Postby vrcat25 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:29 am

I've already passed CDS and even though I'm just now discovering the schiff hardin lectures, I can't imagine anything more would be needed than those. Have you taken a look at the 2015, 2016 or 2017 schiff harding lectures? The reason I'm asking is because I'm curious if they are the same or have changed from year to year. I'm about half way thru the 2015 series. Sorry I can't be of anymore help, but I would just focus on those and at least read the relevant ballast chapters. You may want to study Carolines notes too. I understand thst you're a "visual" person, but I don't see you passing by solely watching videos and slides. There's a bunch of info on codes you need to know and it would be quicker and easier to just read it from notes. Shiff Hardin definately takes some of the monotony out of B101. Also, have you looked on youtube for black spectacles? From what I recall there's a video for CDS. Most improtantly, try some practice tests if you haven't already. The ARE sample problems is is a good one but it's a work book and not a video.
vrcat25

Postby brownc13 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:59 pm

Thanks vrcat! I appreciate the feedback! I'm going to look into buy black spectacles that looks like it will help! Thanks again
brownc13

Postby corbismyhomeboy » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:54 am

Read the Ballast chapters, then if you can afford, do the Black Spectacles subscription. On this one, it's really helpful. If you can't afford, try the Black Spectacles on YouTube.

Unfortunately CDS is pretty hard to get through with diagrams and whatnot because it's mostly contracts. Also, no one really talks about ARE Sketches on this forum, but look up that resource and see what she has developed for CDS. (ARE Sketches is also helpful for SPD too if you haven't taken that one yet.)
corbismyhomeboy

Postby brownc13 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:37 am

Thank you for you're response. I subscribed to black spectacles for the month so hopefully this helps!
brownc13

Return to CDS - CONSTRUCTION DOCUMENTS & SERVICES