Vignette Review - Test 1 Day Away - Questions

Building Section Vignette and Multiple Choice

Vignette Review - Test 1 Day Away - Questions

Postby mfeis » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:36 pm

I have attached my vignette for review. I have compared to the others posted I think it complies with a PASS. Test is tomorrow. Any input?

Few Questions:

1. Do you do a continuous ceiling line between the non-rated partition? In my version I did not.
Construction practices tend to have a non-rated partition end to the underside of the structure without wallboard. I suppose the intention, as I have read on other posts, is to leave the non-rated partition 6" above the ceiling line for this reason; as I have shown in my vignette.

2. During my practice run I had checked my dimensions and found I had 8'-5" at the first floor ceiling ht (8'-4" was correct). I had enough time to shift the components down 1" and checked again to ensure this dimension and all other were ok. If by chance I am off by 1" on something like this, does this fall under the major or minor mistakes? Is this an automated fail? I would think it is because it effects everything else above it; all off by 1".

3. Center/Interior bearing wall slab not required to be below the frost line? I have seen conflicting information from a few videos and comments on this one. Any clarity would be appreciated.

4. NCAB has their section cut line looking north. Will this always be the case? (South facing, making a flip just seems absurd, but I had to ask)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mfeis

Re: Vignette Review - Test 1 Day Away - Questions

Postby mfeis » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:39 pm

Just caught my mistake in corridor on the first floor. :o
mfeis

Postby mwelch » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:51 pm

Is placing a full foundation wall on the interior bearing wall a fatal error?
mwelch

Postby Analise87 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:54 pm

mfeis wrote:Just caught my mistake in corridor on the first floor. :o

what was your mistake?
Analise87

Postby mrdavyjones » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:19 pm

24x16 Air duct (I'm assuming that was the mistake)
mrdavyjones

Postby espicer » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:59 am

The full foundation wall under intior bearing wall is considered "minor" and therefore probably not a fatal error. But it just needs the base, meaning your solution is correct.
espicer

Return to CDS - CONSTRUCTION DOCUMENTS & SERVICES